AMD Catalyst 12.6 WHQL And Catalyst 12.7 Beta Now Available
AMD has released two new drivers today, Catalyst 12.6 WHQL and Catalyst 12.7 Beta. AMD Catalyst 12.6 has a laundry list of fixes and offers up AMD Dual Graphics Technology profiles for the following Direct X9 games: Call of Duty Black Ops, Call of Duty Modern Warfare, Diablo 3, Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, Portal 2 and StarCraft 2. The supported dual graphics configurations are AMD's Radeon HD 7660D (A10-5800K), HD 7660D (A10-5700), HD 7560D (A8-5600K) and the HD 7560D (A8-5500). Linux also gets some love with SLED 11 SP2 and RHEL 5.8 operating systems now being supported. All in all a stable driver that passed WHQL certification and gains some new Dual Graphics profiles for AMD's Trinity APUs, add in a little Linux love and it looks like a promising release.
AMD Catalyst 12.7 Beta Performance Highlights
- Up to 25% in Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
- Up to 3% in Battlefield 3
- Up to 6% in Batman: Arkham City
- Up to 3% in Dues Ex: Human Revolution
- Up to 6% in Crysis 2
- Up to 15% in Total War: Shogun
- Up to 8% in Crysis Warhead
- Up to 5% in Just Cause 2
- Up to 10% in Dirt 3
Resolved issue highlights of the AMD Catalyst 12.6 & AMD Catalyst 12.7 Beta
- AMD Radeon HD 7900, AMD Radeon HD 7800 Tri-CrossFire configurations + Eyefinity no longer results in a BSOD when launching a DirectX application
- AMD Radeon HD 7900, AMD Radeon HD 7800 Eyefinity/Multiple Display configurations no longer results in a BSOD when using desktop applications
- AMD Catalyst 12.6 includes some additional fixes(not found in the AMD Catalyst 12.6 Beta) for the AMD Radeon™ HD 7900, AMD Radeon HD 7800, and AMD Radeon HD 7700 graphics cards for issues related to the GPU hanging when the system goes to sleep. Please ensure that your System BIOS is up to date. Some occurrences of this issue may be related to outdated System BIOS.
- Resolves CrossFire scaling issues seen in AMD Catalyst 12.4 with Elder Scrolls: Skyrim CrossFire • AMD Catalyst Control Center – Overdrive page is no longer intermittently missing
- AMD Catalyst Control Center – GPU Activity gauge is no longer missing
- AMD Radeon HD 7900 CrossFire Configuration – no longer results in system hang after cinematic in Call Of Duty: Black Ops
- Heroes and Generals: Blocky corruption in scenes with smoke effects when run in DirectX 11 mode are no longer experienced.
- Dirt Showdown: Improves scaling for CrossFire configurations using the AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series
- HDMI audio is no longer disabled if the connected HDTV is powered Off/On.
Posted by | Thu, Jun 28, 2012 - 08:42 PM