NVIDIA Releases GeForce 296.10 WHQL & 296.17 Video Card Drivers
This morning NVIDIA released two new GeForce video drivers! The NVIDIA 296.17 drivers are for the Windows 8 Consumer Preview and represent the begining of regular NVIDIA driver updates for Microsoft Windows 8. Windows 7 users shouldn't feel left out though as NVIDIA released an equivalent driver, version 296.10 (WHQL-certified) for both desktop and notebook users. These drivers are a quick refresh from the recent version GeForce 295.73 drivers and are a must-have for gamers looking for the best experience in upcoming games like Blacklight: Retribution. You can download the new drivers here.
New in Release 296.10
- Adds support for the new GeForce GTX 560 SE GPU.
- Updates PhysX System Software to version 9.12.0213.
- Boosts SLI performance in the following games:
- Blacklight: Retribution – up to 1.8x performance increase
- DiRT 3 – updated DX11 profile to improve menu performance
- Dungeon Defenders
- F1 2011 – improves performance with game patch 1.2
- rFactor 2
- Adds 3D Vision support for the following games:
- Dear Esther – Rated Good
- Deep Black: Reloaded – Rated 3D Vision Ready
- Includes numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release notes documentation for more details.
Posted by | Tue, Mar 13, 2012 - 09:37 AM