Legit Case Reviews
NZXT Tempest Mid Tower Gaming Case
|Product:||Tempest Mid Tower|
|Date:||Fri, May 02, 2008 - 12:00 AM|
|Written By:||Shane Higgins -|
NZXT Takes Cooling to a New Level With the Tempest
With gaming PC components getting bigger and hotter, this is pushing enthusiasts to find the right case to pack all their gear into and keep it cool in the process. Well, today we will be looking at a case that aims to do just that. Today we will be giving the Tempest gaming case from NZXT a good once over. Let’s start by looking at the specifications and features of the tempest.
- Dual radiator ready: The NZXT Tempest is pre-drilled for mounting a dual 120mm radiator at the top of the chassis, currently compatible and tested with Swiftech MCR220, Asetek Dual radiator solution, and Thermaltake TMG2.
- Airflow King: Dual 120mm intake, Dual 140mm Exhaust with an additional side 120mm fan and rear 120mm fan all included.
- Maximize Expandability: E-ATX support allows more compatibility with high-end components including large graphics cards.
- Easier accessibility & cable management: Cable routing is pre-drilled on the motherboard so users can hide cables behind the motherboard tray, allowing a cleaner look and better airflow. Power, E-SATA, USB and Reset buttons are mounted at the top to give better accessibility.
- Bottom mounted PSU: PSU mounting at the bottom allows for more security and separation of heat from the CPU -Server-like HDD space: Dual 120mm fans cool cages that hold up to 8 HDDs allowing for large capacity systems while maintaining cool temperatures.
- Model: Tempest Series
- Case Type: Mid Tower
- Front Panel Material: Plastic
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 211.5 X 521.5 X 562 mm
- Cooling System
- Front: 2 X 120 mm Blue LED (included)
- Rear: 1 X 120 mm (included)
- Side Panel: 1 X 120mm Blue LED (included)
- Top: 2 X 140mm Fan (included)
- Drive Bays
- 3x External 5.25" Drive Bays (up to six 5.25")
- 1x 3.5" External bracket
- 8x Internal 3.5" Drive Bays Screwless Rail Design
- Material: Steel Construction
- Expansion Slots: 7
- Power Supply: 500 Watt PS2 ATX 12V 2.0 (Optional)
- Weight: 11.2 KGS (W/O Power)
- Motherboard Support: E-ATX, ATX, MICRO-ATX, BABY AT
The Tempest comes in a sturdy cardboard box sporting a nice picture of the case along with the specs.
Pulling the case out of the box we can see that the Tempest is packed with the standard foam end caps, but wrapped in not-so-standard plastic wrap. There were a few layers of this plastic wrap, but it all came off easily.
Next Page - External Impressions
Page 1 - NZXT Takes Cooling to a New Level With the Tempest
Page 2 - External Impressions
Page 3 - Moving Inside
Page 4 - Installing Parts and Conclusion