Legit Case Reviews
Ultra M998 Midsize Black Tower PC Case Review
|Product:||M998 Mid tower|
|Date:||Tue, Dec 18, 2007 - 12:00 AM|
|Written By:||Shane Higgins -|
The Ultra m998 Black Midsize Tower
Today we will be looking at the M998 case from Ultra. The case has a few things feature-wise that I have not had in a case for a long time. It is light, due to the all aluminum design, and it has a removable motherboard tray. Before we get in deep into the M998, lets take a quick look at its specifications and features.
- Color: Black
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 18.11" x 9.45" x 20.47"
- Drive Bay: 4x 5.25" Bays, 5x Internal 3.5" Bays, 2x External 3.5" Bays
- Material: 1.5mm High Grade Aluminum
- Form Factor: ATX, EATX, Micro ATX
- Expansion Slots: 7 Standard Slots
- Case Fan Mounts: 2x 120mm Fan Mounts
- Case Fans Included: 2x 120mm Fans
- Easy access front panel: 2x USB 2.0, 1x Firewire, 1x Headphone, 1x Microphone, 1x eSATA
- All panels removable for easy, tool-free access
- Stainless steel finished removable Mainboard tray
- Includes Ultra’s Power Bar power distribution system
- Front eSata/Firewire/USB Audio ports
- Interior and Exterior finish
- Replaceable front Firewire/Audio/Microphone/eSata bracket with virtually any PCI slot-type bracket.
When I got the case, the box looked like it had taken a beating during shipping as a couple nice gouges could be seen on the side. I hoped the case wasn’t damaged.
After removing it from the box, I was quite pleased to see that the case had not been harmed. The case was protected top and bottom with styrene and the whole case was wrapped in plastic.
Next Page - External Impressions
Page 1 - The Ultra m998 Black Midsize Tower
Page 2 - External Impressions
Page 3 - Looking Inside
Page 4 - Installing parts into the M998
Page 5 - Conclusion