Legit Mods and Ends Reviews
The Booq Python XL Laptop Backpack Review
|Product:||Booq Python XL Laptop Backpack|
|Date:||Tue, Apr 11, 2006 - 12:00 AM|
|Written By:||Ken Brown -|
The Ultimate Backpack for the On-The-Move Enthusiast
I am as guilty as anyone when it comes to skimping on accessories for a new computer. When I got my latest laptop ? a 17" monster of a machine, I realized I needed to get a carrying case or backpack to replace the one that I had been using for years. The old backpack ? an REI special ? was great for storing all my junk and older model laptop with little fuss or fanfare. Unfortunately, after a run-in with our Office Linebacker, I needed a replacement.
We found a great product that we are finding essential if you a computer user on the move. A company based in Southern California called Booq sells a line of a computer bags and cases that are very unique and highly functional. This privately-held family company was started by a small team of highly motivated creative minds committed to providing the highest level of product performance and service to demanding customers. Today, we take a quick look at a backpack case that is one of their newest, the Python XL, and see why we think it is one of the best on the market.
The Python series of backpacks is for all of the road-warriors out there. It has a pretty rugged and durable design from the double- and triple- stitching, to the waterproof zippers, to the endless amounts of pockets and hideaway areas. It?s not small and dainty though. The Python is designed to protect your laptop and store every piece of hardware accessory that you would think to bring with you on a trip to the airport or to your next class.
- Fits 17" PC Laptops, 17" PowerBooks, 15.4" MacBook Pro
- Exterior dimensions: 20.0"x17.0"x8"
- Laptop Compartment: 17.0"x 12.25"x2.0" (432x311x51mm)
- Weight: 5.4 lbs
- High-end materials and hardware, rugged construction, waterproof zippers
- Various padded accessory pockets for items large and small
- Rigid-frame laptop compartment with 0.75" HD foam padding and non-scratch lining
- Room for a stack of books 6" high, shoes, water bottles, SLR camera, etc.
- Detachable shoulder bag "Ecto" for small items
- Ergonomic, breathable shoulder strap design with sternum strap and waist belt
- Dedicated and secure iPod pocket, accessible from the interior only
Next Page - Real-World Performance
Page 1 - The Ultimate Backpack for the On-The-Move Enthusiast
Page 2 - Real-World Performance
Page 3 - Final Thoughts & Conclusions