Legit Cooling Reviews
Zalman CNPS8900 Extreme CPU Cooler Review
|Date:||Tue, May 22, 2012 - 12:00 AM|
|Written By:||Legit Staff|
Zalman CNPS8900 Extreme
Zalman has been producing CPU coolers for as long as I can remember. Their typical style has been the all-copper “flower” style heatsinks in various configurations and options. The flower style coolers have their advantages with providing airflow to the VRM’s and MosFETs on your motherboard. Traditional tower-style coolers lack the downward airflow to help cool these components.
Their latest “flower” style offering is the CNPS (short for Computer Noise Prevention System) 8900 series. This comes in two variants – the Quiet and the Extreme, which we’ll be looking at here today.
The Zalman CNPS 8900 Extreme is billed as a quiet low-profile CPU cooler that fits just about every single modern socket from both Intel and AMD, from Pentium 4’s and Athlon’s to i7’s and even the new Llano APUs. The Zalman CNPS8900 Extreme is also affordable at $50.90 shipped.
Zalman CNPS8900 Extreme Features:
- Powerful Cooling Performance: Two heatpipes and aluminum fins are designed for maximum cooling while switching noise free, down-blowing 110mm fan minimizes noise and cools not only the CPU but also provides powerful peripheral cooling.
- Direct Touch Heatpipe (DTH) Base: DTH technology transfers the CPU’s heat directly to heatpipes, thereby minimizing heat resistance and maximizing cooling performance.
- Slim Profile: The CPU cooler’s height is 60mm and designed to be installed in ATX cases as well as slim or LP (low profile) cases.
- Ultra Quiet 110mm PWM Fan: Switching noise eliminated 110mm fan is incorporated for ultra-quiet operation.
Specifications of the Zalman CNPS 8900 Extreme:
- Intel LGA1155/1156/1366/775
- AMD FM1/AM3+/AM3/AM2+/AM2
- Dimensions:120(L) x 120(W) x 60(H)mm
- Fins: Aluminum
- Base: Copper
- Dissipation Area: 1,960cm2
- Heatpipes: 2
- Fan: 110mm PWM Fan
- Fan Bearing: 2-Ball Bearing
- Fan RPM: 1,250 ~ 2,800 rpm ± 10%
- Noise: 19.5 ~ 35 dBA ± 10% -Rated Voltage: 12V
Next Page - Unboxing the Zalman CNPS8900 Extreme
Page 1 - Zalman CNPS8900 Extreme
Page 2 - Unboxing the Zalman CNPS8900 Extreme
Page 3 - Looking Closer at the Zalman CNPS8900 Extreme
Page 4 - Installing the Zalman CNPS8900 Extreme
Page 5 - Test System & Temperature Results
Page 6 - Final Thoughts & Conclusions