Legit Cooling Reviews
Cooler Master TPC 812 CPU Cooler Review
|Date:||Tue, May 01, 2012 - 12:00 AM|
|Written By:||Shane Higgins -|
Cooler Master TPC 812
Cooler Master is pairing up two pieces of cooling technology into the TPC 812 CPU cooler: traditional heatpipes that pretty much all air CPU coolers use anymore and Vapor Chambers. Vapor Chambers are used in some laptops and GPU coolers.
Now if you are asking, “What is a Vapor Chamber?” think a wide flat heatpipe. As you can see in the above animation, the Vapor Chamber works like a heatpipe, but with its size being 4x bigger it can help pull heat from hotspots faster. The TPC 812 has 2 Vertical Vapor Chambers, they’re in an ‘L’ shape and the short leg sits on top of the cooler base, the long leg goes up into the cooling fins.
Out of the box the TPC 812 supports all current sockets from both Intel and AMD. The cooler comes with a single 120mm PWM fan that operates at 600 – 2,400 RPM pushing 19.17 - 86.15 CFM, at 19 - 40 dBA. Cooler Master also provides mounts if the end user should choose to add a second fan for a push/pull configuration.
Here is a quick look at the features and specifications.
Features of the Cooler Master TPC 812
- The TPC 812 uses 2 separate cooling technologies to transfer heat
- Heat pipes and vertical vapor chambers.
- Ready for overclocking, benchmarking and silent cooling.
- The first-ever CPU heatsink to use vertical vapor chamber technology.
- 100% pure polished copper base
- Combined with improved soldering technologies for the best thermal transfer.
- Special fin design – heatsink receives concentrated cold airflow.
- Improved air pressure design and fan mounting system.
Specifications of the Cooler Master TPC 812
- Model: RR-T812-24PK-R1
- CPU Socket:
- Intel Socket: LGA 2011 / 1366 / 1156 / 1155 / 775
- AMD Socket: FM1 / AM3+ / AM3 / AM2+ / AM2
- CPU Support
- Intel: Core i7 Extreme / Core i7 / Core i5 / Core i3 / Core2 Extreme / Core2 Quad / Core2 Duo / Pentium / Celeron
- AMD: FX-Series / A-Series / Phenom II X4 / Phenom II X3 / Phenom II X2 / Phenom X4 / Phenom X3 / Athlon II X4 / Athlon II X3 / Athlon II X2 / Athlon X2 / Athlon / Sempron
- Dimension: 138 x 103 x 163mm (5.4 x 4.1 x 6.4 in)
- Heat Sink Dimensions: 134 x 74 x 158 mm (5.3 x 2.9 x 6.2 in)
- Heat Sink Material: Copper Base, 2 Vapor Chambers, 6 Heatpipes, Aluminum Fins
- Heat Sink Weight: 826g (1.83 lb)
- Heat Pipes Dimensions: ø6mm
- Dimension: 120 x 120 x 25mm (4.7 x 4.7 x 1 in)
- Speed: 600 – 2,400 RPM (PWM) ± 10% (1,600 RPM with Silent Mode Adapter)
- Airflow: 19.17 - 86.15 CFM ± 10% (59.54 CFM @ 1600RPM)
- Air Pressure: 0.31 – 4.16 mm H2O ± 10% (1.99mm H2O @ 1600RPM)
- Life Expectancy: 40,000 hrs
- Noise Level (dB-A): 19 - 40 dBA
- Bearing Type: Long Life Sleeve Bearing
- Connector: 4-Pin
- Rated Voltage: 12 VDC
- Rated Current: 0.2A
- Power consumption: 2.4W
- Weight: 152g (0.34 lb)
- Notice: Supplied accessories may differ by country or area. Please check with your local distributor for further details.
- Warranty: 2 years
- UPC Code: 884102015229
Next Page - Unboxing the Cooler Master TPC 812
Page 1 - Cooler Master TPC 812
Page 2 - Unboxing the Cooler Master TPC 812
Page 3 - Looking Closer at the Cooler Mater TPC 812
Page 4 - Installing the Cooler Master TPC 812
Page 5 - Legit Reviews Intel Core i7-3960X Test System
Page 6 - Temperature Testing Results
Page 7 - Final Thoughts