Legit Mods and Ends Reviews
ROCCAT Kave 5.1 Surround Gaming Headset Review
|Date:||Wed, May 02, 2012 - 12:00 AM|
|Written By:||Jeremy Borage -|
ROCCAT Gaming HeadphonesAside from visual graphics, audio feedback is one of the most important ways gamers discern information about their gaming world. Audio cues are incredibly important, in fact, during multiplayer first person shooters when enemies are located behind the player or to the side. A good set of headphones or speakers can allow a gamer to detect an opponent before he even sees them. ROCCAT has proven that they understand the sorts of situations gamers deal with, and they used their knowledge to design a pair of headphones.
This will be the second product from ROCCAT we have had the privilege of reviewing. Previously, we took a look at their Kone[+] gaming mouse, and we found it was well-tailored to the needs of gamers. ROCCAT obviously knows how to design a product with gamers in mind, so we were excited to see how well ROCCAT can build an audio solution.
The Kave is advertised as having true 5.1 surround sound, but in reality it is more like a 6.2 setup, with four drivers in each ear cup. The individual drivers are angled at a 12 degree angle to direct the sound into the ears to give a sense of direction. The headset also features a microphone for voice-enabled games or chat applications.
ROCCAT Kave 5.1 Gaming Headset Features:
- Real 5.1 Surround Sound with speakers aligned at a 12 degree angle
- Microphone with mute LED - fully rotatable and completely removable
- Tip'n'control desktop remote for central management of all volume functions
- Dual sound-profile with movie and game settings
- Solid aluminum hinges enabling heavy duty use
- Especially comfortable earcups featuring external noise cancelling, hand sewn
- Adjustable vibration unit for a realistic gaming experience
- Headband with three pads for equal weight distribution
- Easy to carry folding and compact design
Next Page - Closer Look: ROCCAT Features
Page 1 - ROCCAT Gaming Headphones
Page 2 - Closer Look: ROCCAT Features
Page 3 - Kave 5.1 Stereo Performance
Page 4 - 5.1 mode performance
Page 5 - Final Thoughts & Conclusion