Legit Case Reviews
Case Labs MAGNUM M8 Case Review
|Date:||Tue, Dec 13, 2011 - 12:00 AM|
|Written By:||Bill Hentschell -|
Meet the Case Labs Magnum M8
Case Labs current line up of MAGNUM cases:
MAGNUM M8 Case $359.95 Plus Shipping
MAGNUM M10 Case $379.95 Plus Shipping
MAGNUM MH10 Case $439.95 Plus Shipping
MAGNUM T10 Case $439.95 Plus Shipping
MAGNUM TH10 Case $479.95 Plus Shipping
There are a few other cases that are in the prototype phase including a more traditional 9" wide single bay case and the "Godzilla" dual motherboard four PSU TX10.
Magnum M8 Features (standard equipment)
- All aluminum construction - .090" (2.3mm) chassis .063"(1.6mm) doors/covers
- Choice of ventilated or solid doors and covers (on a panel by panel basis).
- Slide out MB tray.
- Choice of one HDD cage assembly (4 drive capacity): either standard or Flex-Bay mount. Note that the flex-bay mount deletes one of the 3U bay covers.
- Choice of hex mesh or 40mm fan holes on MB back plate.
- Dual PSU mounts (Support bracket available: MAC-123)
- Integrated radiator/fan mount
- Four single bay filler plates and two triple bay cover plates.
- Filler plates for top and bottom radiator openings, 40mm fan openings on MB tray (if selected), PCI slots, and one PSU.
- Four sets of mounting brackets for 5.25” devices (MAC-125)
- Lamptron anti-vandal style switches (power & reset) and wiring harnesses: blue ring for power and red dot for HDD activity. They are standard switches that can be easily swapped out for custom color combinations.
- Four rubber feet with screws (casters are available: MAC-107).
- Misc. hardware: Thumbscrews, MB standoffs, Tie-wraps, etc.
- Available in black matte or white gloss
- Warranty: 1 year on electronics, 5 Years on the case itself
Case Configuration Options:
- ATX Layout: Standard (N/C), Reverse ($20.00)
- MB Door: Ventilated (N/C), Solid (N/C), Std. Window ($15.00), XL Window ($20.00)
- PSU Door: Ventilated (N/C), Solid (N/C), Std. Window ($15.00), XL Window ($20.00)
- Top Cover: Ventilated (N/C), Solid (N/C), Tall Ventilated 64mm ($25.00), Tall Solid 64mm ($25.00), Tall Ventilated 85mm ($35.00), Tall Solid 85mm ($35.00)
- MB Back Plate: Fan Holes (N/C), Hex Mesh (N/C)
- HDD Cage Assy: Standard (N/C), Flex-Bay (N/C)
- Size: 15"W x 19.06"H x 20.06"D (381mm x 484mm x 510mm)
- PCI Slots: 8
- Form Factor: mATX - ATX/EATX (12.0" x 10.75”) (305mm x 273mm)
- Max Radiator Size: 120.3
- Radiator Clearance Above the MB Tray: 100mm
- Radiator Clearance Below the MB Tray: 52mm
- Cooling Tower Clearance: 180mm
- Flex-Bays (5.25” Bays): 10
- HDD Capacity: 12 (24 using Flex-Bays)
- Weight: 19 lbs.
Note: Sizes shown are for the case only. Rubber feet add .75" (19mm) to height, optional casters add 2.63" (67mm).
Next Page - Unboxing the Case Labs MAGNUM M8
Page 1 - Meet the Case Labs Magnum M8
Page 2 - Unboxing the Case Labs MAGNUM M8
Page 3 - Outside of the MAGNUM M8 Case
Page 4 - Inside the MAGNUM M8 Case
Page 5 - Options, options, options
Page 6 - Building inside the MAGNUM M8
Page 7 - Final Thoughts & Conclusions