Legit Cooling Reviews
GELID Solutions Rev2 Tranquillo CPU Cooler Review
|Date:||Tue, Aug 16, 2011 - 12:00 AM|
|Written By:||Shane Higgins -|
Rev2 Tranquillo CPU Cooler
GELID Solutions is a relatively new company. Starting up in 2008 they have been making coolers and fans for both the silent and gamer crowds. They also have a line of thermal paste. Their GC Extreme thermal paste is one of the best out there, and I use for all the CPU cooler testing.
Today we are looking at the Rev2 Tranquillo Silent CPU tower cooler. The Rev2 Tranquillo is an updated version of the Tranquillo. The new Rev2 features a new updated mounting system, base, and heatpipe arrangement.
The new heatpipe arrangement offsets the tower and fan slightly to the rear of the case. This pulls the fan away from the ram slots giving more room for tall RAM heatsinks. The updated mounting system and base allows AMD users to have the same ability as the Intel users to turn the orientation of the cooler anyway they like.
The Rev2 Tranquillo still has the same low speed silent fan the original Tranquillo had. The fan is a 120mm PWM fan that spins 750 to 1500 RPM pushing 58 CFM max at a very quiet 12 to 25.5 dBA. The Rev2 Tranquillo also still has the same fin profile as the original Tranquillo. The cooling fins also still have the dimple fin finish. The dimples add surface area and causes turbulence between the fins to keep the air stirred up so more cool air hits the fin surface.
Features of the Rev2 Tranquillo
- The tower CPU Cooler “Rev. 2 Tranquillo” uses 4 power heat pipes and a special heat pipe constellation to achieve best heat transfer from CPU core to the aluminum fins in its class.
- The heat pipe constellation was optimized to prevent any conflict from the components on latest mainboards in the market. The clip for the AMD socket was modified to enable to install the cooler in 4x90° directions.
- A silent 120mm fan with the intelligent GELID PWM (Pulse Width Module) control has been chosen to make this heat sink more valuable. The fan blades were optimized to guarantee high airflow while running silently. The intelligent GELID PWM curve keeps the fan silent when no necessary cooling is needed and accelerates the fan speed whenever additional cooling is needed.
- The multi-award winning high performance GC-2 thermal compound is already included in the package.
Specifications of the Rev2 Tranquillo
- Intel Socket 775, 1366, 1155 and 1156
- AMD Socket AM2/ AM2+/ AM3/ FM1
- Air Flow (CFM): 58 max
- Bearing: Hydro Dynamic Bearing
- Cable Length (mm): 500
- Current (A): 0.18
- DC Voltage (V): 12
- Dimensions (mm): 120 (l) x 120 (w) x 25 (h)
- Fan Speed (RPM): 750 - 1500
- Life time MTTF at 40C (h): 50 000
- Noise Level (dBA): 12 - 25.5
- Static Pressure (mmAq): 1.6
- Heat Sink Dimensions (mm): 74 (l) x 125 (w) x 153 (h)
- INCLUDED: GC-2 Thermal Compound & Installation Kit for AMD & Intel sockets
- Warranty (years): 5
- Model: CC-TranQ-02-A
- Weight (g): 645
Next Page - Unboxing the Rev2 Tranquillo
Page 1 - Rev2 Tranquillo CPU Cooler
Page 2 - Unboxing the Rev2 Tranquillo
Page 3 - Looking closer at the Rev2 Tranquillo
Page 4 - Installing the Rev2 Tranquillo
Page 5 - Legit Reviews Intel Core i7-930 Test System
Page 6 - Temperature Testing Results
Page 7 - Final Thoughts of the Rev2 Tranquillo