Legit Case Reviews
Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 Case Review
|Date:||Wed, May 25, 2011 - 12:00 AM|
|Written By:||Shane Higgins -|
Thermaltake Chaser MK-1
Thermaltake has around since 1999 and has been putting out cases, coolers, and power supplies for enthusiasts of all levels. Today we are looking at their newest addition to their case line up, the Galaxy Episode Chaser MK-1. It is what Thermaltake is calling “Extra Big ATX Tower.” Coming in at 22.4”, tall 9.3” wide, and 22.9” deep it's not the biggest case we have looked at, but it is larger than the average ATX full tower. With its size the Chaser MK-1 has room for CPU coolers up to 180mm tall and video cards up to 33cm or 13 inches in length. The Chaser MK-1 also has 8 expansion slots and a security lock for peripherals.
For cooling the Chaser MK-1 comes outfitted with 200mm Color Shift fans for front intake and top exhaust. There is also a 140mm rear exhaust, with room to add an additional 200mm top exhaust fan, 200mm side intake, and bottom 120mm intake. The top of the Chaser MK-1 can have the 200mm fans changed out for dual 120 or 140mm fans. You can also mount a dual 120mm radiator in the top.
Also in the top is a hard drive dock that can support both 2.5” and 3.5” hard drives. The front panel of the Chaser MK-1 also has two USB2.0 and two USB3.0 ports. Having USB3 on the front panel isn't too rare anymore; what makes the ports on the Chaser MK-1 rare is that they are internal USB connections. So no more running extension cables out the back of the case to the back of the motherboard. The downside is that if you don’t have a motherboard that supports internal USB3 connections then you can’t use the ports. On the other hand, you also have an excuse to upgrade your motherboard!
Features of the Thermaltake Chaser MK-1
- Command Center – With Chaser MK-1’s fan controller onboard, gamer and enthusiasts can appreciate the convenience of adjusting the fan speed or lighting effect of the computer system.
- USB 3.0 SuperSpeed – Tired of reaching to the back of the computer to connect a USB 3.0 device? Chaser MK-1 features latest USB 3.0 ports with internal header. Two USB 3.0 ports are conveniently located on the front of the case.
- HDD Docking Station – By adapting the world’s best selling BlacX Docking Station concept into a computer case, users can now effortlessly transfer large volume of data without the need for a conventional external storage device. Simply insert any 2.5” or 3.5” SATA hard drive into the docking station and start enjoying hot-swap capability and blazing-fast transfer speed through SATA interface.
- VGA TripleMax 33CM – All of today’s high-end and advanced graphic cards that are capable of delivering ultra-realistic, immersive and intense gaming experience have longer than usual form factor which means not all computer cases will fit them. Chaser MK-1 not only addresses this concern by supporting graphic cards up to 330mm in length, but also designed cooling surrounding the graphic card location to improve heat dissipation and reduce acoustic output.
- CableClear Cable Management - Dramatically improves thermal efficiency of the computer system by ensuring power cables do not get in the way of airflow.
- Enthusiast Water Cooling Ready - Spacious interior is only the bare minimum when it comes to water cooling. Chaser MK-1 features an innovative top removable panel that can be easily transformed to accommodate a high-efficiency 24cm radiator!
- Combat Headset Holder – Headset holder designed into the case allows gamers to store their gaming headset easily and securely.
- Heightened Foot Stands – High thermal efficiency case that addresses all common and uncommon issues. Heightened foot stands elevate the whole computer system enough to prevent rug or any other soft flooring material from blocking the air intake/exhaust found on the bottom of the case.
Specifications for the Thermaltake Chaser MK-1
- Case Type: Full Tower
- Model No.: VN300M1W2N
- Material: SECC
- Front Bezel Material: Combination of plastic and high air flow mesh
- Interior: Black
- Exterior: Black
- Side Panel: Swivel Door with Transparent Window
- Motherboard Support
- 9.6” x 9.6” (Micro ATX)
- 12” x 9.6” (ATX)
- Motherboard Tray: No
- 5.25" Drive Bay 4 Ext.
- 3.5" Drive Bay By using 5.25" to 3.5" Converter
- Int. 3.5" Drive Bay: 6
- Expansion Slots: 8
- Front I/O Ports: USB 3.0 x 2, USB 2.0 x 2, eSATA connector x 1, MIC & Speaker (support AC’97 & HD Audio)
- Cooling System
- Front (Intake): 200 x 200 x 30 mm Colorshift fan x 1 (600~800rpm,13~15dBA) or 120 x 120 x 25 mm x 2 (optional)
- Rear (Exhaust): 140 x 140 x 25 mm TurboFan, 1000rpm, 16dBA or 120 x 120 x 25 mm x 1 (optional)
- Top (Exhaust): 200 x 200 x 30 mm Colorshift fan x 1 (600~800rpm, 13~15dBA); 200 x 200 x 30 mm x 1 (optional) or 140 x 140 x 25 mm x 2 (optional) or 120 x 120 x 25 mm x 2 (optional)
- Bottom (Intake): 120 x 120 x 25 mm x 1 (optional)
Side (Intake): 200 x 200 x 30 mm x 1 (optional)
- Liquid Cooling Capable: Yes
- Liquid Cooling Embedded: No
- Power Supply Supported: Standard ATX PSI Power Supply
- Power Supply Included: No
- Dimension (H*W*D) 567.9 x 237.0 x 581.6 mm (22.4 x 9.3 x 22.9 inch)
- Net Weight: 12.3 kg (27.1 lb)
- Security Lock: for peripherals only
- Application: Suitable for gaming, enthusiast, DIY and modding
Next Page - Unboxing the Thermaltake Chaser MK-1
Page 1 - Thermaltake Chaser MK-1
Page 2 - Unboxing the Thermaltake Chaser MK-1
Page 3 - External Impressions of the Thermaltake Chaser MK-1
Page 4 - Inside the Thermaltake Chaser MK-1
Page 5 - Installing parts into the Thermaltake Chaser MK-1
Page 6 - Final Thoughts of the Thermaltake Chaser MK-1