Legit Cooling Reviews
Xigmatek Loki, Gaia and Aegir CPU Cooler Review Roundup
|Product:||SD963, SD1283, SD128264|
|Date:||Thu, May 05, 2011 - 12:00 AM|
|Written By:||Shane Higgins -|
Looking at the Gaia SD1283
The Gaia is in the middle of the pack today. Coming in at 159mm tall it is a tall cooler; most cases can accommodate coolers this tall, but it always good to check. The Gaia comes with a single 120mm fan and can accommodate two 120mm fans. The fan that comes with the Gaia is a PWM 120mm fan running 800-1500 RPM at 16-24dBA and pushing 56.3 CFM.
Features of the Gaia SD1283
- H.D.T. (Heat-pipe direct touch) technology.
- Anti-vibration rubber design.
- 3pcs 8mm high performance U type heat-pipes.
- 120mm highly efficient PWM fan.
- High performance & easy installation
- 5 in 1 application: LGA775 /1156 / 1366 ; Socket K8 / AM2 / AM3
Specifications of the Gaia SD1283
- Product Name: Gaia SD1283
- Product Number: CAC-SXHH3-U06
- Dimension: 120(W) x 50(D) x 159(H) mm
- Heat Sink
- Base Material: H.D.T. (Heat-pipes Direct Touch)
- Fin Material: Aluminum Alloy
- SPEC: 8mm
- Qty: 3 pcs.
- Dimension: 120(W) x 120(H) x 25(D) mm
- Voltage Rating: 12V
- Starting Voltage: 9V
- Speed: 800~1500 R.P.M.
- Bearing Type: Hypro Bearing
- Air Flow: 56.3CFM (Max.)
- Air Pressure: 1.57 mmH2O (Max.)
- Life Expectance: 40,000 hrs
- Noise Level: 16-24 dBA (Max.)
- Connector: 4 Pin with PWM
- Weight: 460g (w/o fan)
- Thermal Resistance: 0.15 *C/W
Looking at the top the fin profile is symmetrical and has a rounded X shape to it. There are channels running down the sides in each corner for the fan mounts to hook into.
The Gaia, like the Loki, has 3 heatpipes. The heatpipes on the Gaia are slightly larger; they are 8mm rather than 6mm.
Xigmatek provides everything that is needed to mount the Gaia to any of the Intel LGA sockets and AMD K8, AM2, AM3 sockets. Also included are enough fan mounts to mount two fans and thermal paste.
Here we have the Loki installed into our Intel Core i7 test system.
Next Page - Looking at the Aegir SD128264
Page 1 - Xigmatek Tower Cooler Round Up
Page 2 - Looking at the Loki SD963
Page 3 - Looking at the Gaia SD1283
Page 4 - Looking at the Aegir SD128264
Page 5 - Legit Reviews Intel Core i7-930 Test System
Page 6 - Temperature Testing Results
Page 7 - Final Thoughts and Conclusion