Legit Case Reviews
Lian Li Pitstop PC-T60 Open Air Test Bench Case Review
|Product:||Lian Li PC-T60|
|Date:||Fri, Sep 03, 2010 - 12:00 AM|
|Written By:||Dan Stoltz -|
Lian Li Pitstop T60 Open Air Test Bench
Lian Li was founded in 1983 and continues to be one of the premier aluminum case manufacturers in Taiwan. If you have ever had the chance to build using one of Lian Li's cases then you know the quality of them. If you haven't had that chance, I would recommend it. Today we have the opportunity to look at the Lian Li Pitstop T60. Currently available for $129.99 plus shipping the Lian Li Pitstop T60 is also available in three colors; red, black, and silver. Today we will be looking at the red version of the Lian Li Pitstop T60, although aside from the color differences all three versions are identical.
The Lian Li Pitstop T60 is an open air test bench case that allows you to easily access all aspects of the computer system. It also is designed for the ability to easily change any component within the system. For those of you that are more daring than I, you can use the Lian Li Pitstop T60 as a permanent home to your system, which will make it an eye catching center piece on your desk. It's easy to move around thanks to the Lian Li Pitstop T60 coming with a handle built into the top. When you take it to the next LAN game it will undoubtedly be the center of attention, well, at least until the fragging begins!
The Lian Li Pitstop T60 has a variety of options that are available to customize it to your particular needs. The Lian Li Pitstop T60 doesn't have any places to mount any case fans. The first available option remedies that issue; the T60-1 is a dual 120mm/140mm fan housing that mounts on the Pitstop T60.
Another available option is the PW-IE5H550. The PW-IE5H550 is a multi-Media port kit that installs in the front of the Lian Li Pitstop T60. This gives a pair of USB3.0 ports, a single e-SATA header, Audio headers for supports HD Audio or AC97 Audio all right there on the front panel. These are now fairly standard features that are typically included in a standard PC case, but nice to see as an option on a test bench like the T60.
Lian Li Pitstop T60 Features
- Lian Li features Fine Craftsmanship to ensure the user can put everything together easily; Lian Li designers decided to use only standard PC components inside the T60: standard 5.25” optical drive, standard 3.5” hard drives, standard ATX PS/2 power supply units. These parts are easy to get in the current market, and it would be easy to upgrade in the future.
- The Lian Li Pitstop T60 is a Mini-ITX TEST BENCH system; it supports standard Mini-ITX motherboards on the top, therefore installing this tiny board is very easy.
- The power supply has rubber pads for both insulation and support, reduces vibrations and also secures the PSU without scratching the painted surface.
- There are two spaces for standard 5.25” optical drive above the power supply unit and hard drive cage.
- The Lian Li Pitstop T60 features Lian Li's patented Anti-vibration HDD cage, which allows the user to fit three 3.5" HDDs. It is easy to use, no tools are required; simply use the special thumb screw to secure the anti-vibration rubber ring to the HDD and slide the HDD into the cage.
- The Lian Li Pitstop T60 is an ATX / Micro-ATX TEST BENCH; it is equipped with 8 PCI slots, especially in the advent of adding in new graphics cards.
- There are two aluminum handles for 2.5" HDDs below the M/B tray, allowing the user to install or remove 2.5" HDDs easier.
Lian Li Pitstop T60 Specifications
|Case Type||ATX / Micro-ATX TEST BENCH|
|Dimensions||(W)13.82" (351mm) x (H) 15.75"(400mm) x (D)13" (330mm)|
|Color||Black / Silver / Red|
|Net Weight||3.96Lbs (1.8KG)|
|5.25" drive bay (External)||2|
|3.5" drive bay (External & Internal)||3|
|Motherboard||ATX / Micro ATX|
|System Fan (Front)||120 / 140mm Fan x 2 (Optional)|
|I/O Ports||USB3.0 x 2 / e-SATA x 1 / HD+AC97 Audio (Optional)|
|Maximum Video Card Size||None|
|Package Dimensions||(W) 14.57"(370mm) x (H) 4.53"(115mm) x (D)14.37" (365mm)|
Next Page - Lian-Li Pitstop T60 Retail Packaging and Parts
Page 1 - Lian Li Pitstop T60 Open Air Test Bench
Page 2 - Lian-Li Pitstop T60 Retail Packaging and Parts
Page 3 - Lian-Li Pitstop T60 Assembly
Page 4 - System Build with the Lian-Li Pitstop T60
Page 5 - Lian Li Pitstop T60: Final Thoughts and Conclusion