Legit Cooling Reviews
Scythe Yasya CPU Cooler Review
|Date:||Fri, Jun 11, 2010 - 12:00 AM|
|Written By:||Shane Higgins -|
Scythe Yasya CPU Cooler
The newest offering from Scythe is the Yasya and it has a couple new features as part of its design. Most noticeable is the very unique looking fin profile the Scythe, the T.M.L.F or Trident Multi Layer Fin structure. The Yasya also has 6 heat pipes in an unparallel arrangement. The triangle fin structure and the offset heatpipes allow for maximum air flow and heat dissipation.
The Yasya comes with the new Slip Stream 120mm PWM adjustable fan. With the fan being adjustable it can run as low as 470 RPM at 7 dBa to as high as 1,900 RPM at 37 dBa depending on the combination of fan control settings and what the CPU is calling for. So the Yasya has a setting that should suit just about any user's taste.
Scythe Yasya CPU Cooler Features:
- The Scythe SCYS-1000 Shuriken offers a lower profile cooler only at 106mm tall.
- 120x25mm high speed cooling fan
- 6 x copper heat pipes
- Compatible with Intel Core i7 Socket 1366 & 1156 processors
- The Scythe original Slip Stream 120mm PWM adjustable fan allows a user to manually control the speeds of the fan with a PCI control plate with knob.
- Trident Multiple Layer Fin Structure - By placing the number of triangle shaped fins & supplemental heatsink fins to maximize the air intake volume, the heat dissipation rate from the built-in heatpipes is ideal for extreme over-clocking purposes as well as to cool the high-end multi-core CPU!
- Wide Range Cooling Purposes - Design is optimized to meet the performance levels from low to high RPM, covering the wide range cooling purposes from ultra silent to hardcore overclocking.
- Includes Mounting brackets for Intel 478, 775, 1366, 1156 & AMD 754, 939, 940, AM2 and AM3 processors.
- Includes one tube of thermal grease.
Scythe Yasya CPU Cooler Specifications
- Model Name: Yasya CPU Cooler
- Model No.: SCYS-1000
- Manufacturer: Scythe Co., Ltd. Japan
- Heatsink Dimensions: 130 x 108.5 x 159mm (5.12 x 4.27 x 0.98 in)
- Material of Base Plate: Nickel-Plated Copper
- Dimensions: 120 x 120 x 25mm
- Speed: Max. Band 740 (±25%) - 1,900rpm (±10%) Min. Band 470 (±30%) - 1,340rpm (±10%)
- Noise Level: Max. Band 9.8 - 37.0 dBA Min. Band 7.05 - 27.3 dBA
- Air Flow: Max. Band 37.15 - 110.31 CFM Min. Band 23.0 - 76.53 CFM
- Bearing Type: Sleeve Bearing
- Weight Included Fan: 848g (29.91 oz)
In Scythe fashion the Yasya comes nicely packed. There is a nice image of the cooler on the front of the box; on each side of the packing there are specifications and features.
Opening the box the Yasya is held snugly in place.
Next Page - A Closer Look at the Yasya
Page 1 - Scythe Yasya CPU Cooler
Page 2 - A Closer Look at the Yasya
Page 3 - Installing the Yasya
Page 4 - Legit Reviews Core i7 Test System
Page 5 - Results
Page 6 - Conclusion and Final Thoughts