Legit Cooling Reviews
Danger Den NVIDIA GeForce GTX480 All Copper Water Block Review
|Product:||DD-GTX480 All Copper|
|Date:||Sat, May 22, 2010 - 12:00 AM|
|Written By:||Shane Higgins -|
Danger Den DD-GTX480 Water Block
If you haven't seen a review of the GTX480, then you have most likely seen a forum or news post commenting on how hot the card runs. Due to this heat there are many people making the jump to water cooling just to keep the heat down that the GTX480 generates.
One such solution is from Danger Den. Danger Den has been one of the favorites of enthusiasts for years and have a wide range of water cooling components from pumps to CPU water blocks to VGA water blocks like the DD-GTX480 we are looking at today. They also have radiators, cases, reservoirs, and complete kits. Everything you need to outfit your system with a custom water cooling loop.
Today we are going to be taming the heat from the nVidia GTX480 with Danger Dens's DD-GTX480 water block. The block comes in a couple different styles for your budget and taste. There is an all copper version for $134.95, nickel plated top and copper base for $146.85, and nickel plated top and bottom $159.95. The version we are looking at today is the all copper version. Let's take a quick look at the features and whats included per the Danger Den website before we get to the fun part.
- Compatible with Reference Design GTX480 cards (BFG, EVGA, XFX, PNY, etc).
- Copper base and Copper top for a bulletproof design and sexy look.
- Fitting is threaded directly into the copper and copper top.
- Uses the Additional RAM Pad mounting point for maximum mounting contact
- Contact pads with the PCB to avoid warping or bending of the video card.
- Cools all heat generating points on the card - GPU, RAM, Voltage Regulators, I/O Chip
- Complete Block Assembled with Gaskets
- Fat Boy High Flow G 1/4 - 1/2", 3/8" or 1/4" OD Fittings
- Just one Inlet and Outlet for complete cooling
- Low flow restriction low pressure drop
- Stainless Steel Hold Downs
- Hand Lapped
- Pressure tested before shipment
- Complete Block Assembled with Top, Gaskets, and Fittings. Ships with Hold Down Materials, Thermal Pads, and Ceramique.
- Please leak test 24hrs upon receipt.
- Verify secure mount 48hrs after installation.
- Never reuse Air Heatsink Thermal Pads just use the supplied ceramique on the RAM and GPU
- Removal of the Air Heatsink is an involved process. It is much easier to install the waterblock.
The DD-GTX480 comes well packaged in a sturdy cardboard box and sandwiched between two pieces of egg crate foam.
It comes with all the mounting hardware, Ceramique thermal paste, and thermal tape.
Next Page - Looking closer at the DD-GTX480
Page 1 - Danger Den DD-GTX480 Water Block
Page 2 - Looking closer at the DD-GTX480
Page 3 - Water Block Installation
Page 4 - The test system
Page 5 - Overclocking Performance
Page 6 - Temperature Testing
Page 7 - 3DMark Vantage & Power Consumption
Page 8 - Final Thoughts