Legit Cooling Reviews
CoolIT ECO A.L.C. CPU Water Cooler Review
|Date:||Mon, May 03, 2010 - 12:00 AM|
|Written By:||Shane Higgins -|
CoolIT Systems ECO A.L.C. CPU Cooler
Over the last few years we have looked at a couple of CoolIT Systems water cooling offerings like the Eliminator, PURE, and Domino A.L.C. Today we will be looking at one of their newest offerings, the ECO A.L.C. Currently the ECO A.L.C can be found on Newegg for $54.99 plus shipping after a $20 mail in rebate. This could be a very attractive price point for users that get their feet wet (so to speak) in the world of water cooling.
People always say that building your own water cooling loop is the way to go, but are they right? We had a chance to speak with CoolIT at CES 2010 and see a protoype of the ECO in action. They showed us their latest water cooling technology versus you'd come out ahead against a traditional Water Cooling loop that can built using off the shelf parts.
The ECO A.L.C. is a self-contained CPU water cooler that requires no maintenance and is just as easy to install as any enthusiast air cooler out today. Due to it being a sealed system the ECO A.L.C. has none of the normal worries and maintenance issues that come with custom water cooling loops. This makes it nice for those users that want a water cooler but do not want to have the yearly maintenance that comes with custom water cooling loops. Let’s take a quick look at the specifications, then on to looking the ECO A.L.C over and seeing how it performs against some of the top air coolers such as the Zalman CNPS10X Performa, Thermalright Venomous X, and the mighty Noctua NH-D14.
CoolIT ECO A.L.C. Water Cooler Specifications
- CoolIT CPU FHE (Fluid Heat Exchanger): Copper Micro-Channel
- Universal Retention System: Out of the box support provided for Intel 775, 1156, 1366 and AMD AM2, AM2+, AM3 sockets.
- CoolIT Proprietary Pump: Quiet, compact, long life CFF1 pump
- Ceramic bearing Life Cycle: 50,000 Hours MTTF
- CoolIT Coolant: CoolIT Systems low toxicity with anticorrosion/anti fungal additives
- CoolIT Radiator: Custom engineered for low noise high heat dissipation
- CoolIT Fan: High reliability, Quiet 12V Speed: 1800 RPM MAX
- CoolIT CPU Thermal Grease: CoolIT Systems Pro A.T.C. (Advanced Thermal Compound)
- CoolIT 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Next Page - The Packaging
Page 1 - CoolIT Systems ECO A.L.C. CPU Cooler
Page 2 - The Packaging
Page 3 - Looking closer at the ECO A.L.C.
Page 4 - Installing the ECO A.L.C
Page 5 - Legit Reviews Core i7 Test System
Page 6 - The Results
Page 7 - Final Thoughts