Legit Case Reviews
Cooler Master Storm Sniper Black Edition Case
|Date:||Wed, Nov 11, 2009 - 12:00 AM|
|Written By:||Shane Higgins -|
CM Storm Goes Black
Cooler Master has been around for as long as I can remember, producing some of the best cases around. Cooler Master announced a line of enthusiast parts called CM Storm at the first part of 2009. Part of that line up was a new case named Sniper. Today, we will be looking at the newest version of the Sniper, the Black Edition. The Black Edition comes with a few extras that the standard Sniper doesn't. Most noticeable is the interior is all blacked out. Other additions include an extra 200mm fan and a CS-M FPS Tactics DC mouse pad. Before we get to much father let's take a quick look at the features and specifications.
- Fierce exterior design inspired by military weapons.
- Unprecedented airflow from up to 3 huge fans.
- Next generation control center for tuning your lights and fans.
- StormGuard™ - ground-breaking security system for safeguarding your gaming peripherals.
- Convenient handle and foot stand for fast and efficient mobilization and relocation.
- Screw-less design for quick upgrades and maintenance.
- Model Number: SGC-6000-KXN1-GP
- Available Color: Interior/Exterior - Black
- Material: Steel, ABS Plastic, Mesh bezel
- Dimensions (DxWxH): 566.6 x 254.6 x 551 mm (22.3 x 10 x 21.7 inch)
- Net Weight : 10.6 kg (23.42 lb)
- M/B Type: Micro-ATX/ATX
- 5.25" Drive Bay: 5 Exposed (without the use of exposed 3.5 inch Drive Bay)
- 3.5" Drive Bay: 5 Hidden 1 Exposed (converted from one 5.25 inch Drive Bay)
- Cooling System
- Front: 200x30mm Blue LED Fan x 1 (500 - 1000rpm, 17 - 23 dBA)
- Top: 200x30mm Blue LED Fan x 1 (500 - 1000rpm, 17 - 23 dBA) (can be swapped for two 120mm fans or 120x240mm Radiator)
- Side: 200x30mm Blue LED Fan x 1 (500 - 1000rpm, 17 - 23 dBA) (can be swapped for two 120mm fans or 120x240mm Radiator)
- Rear: 120x25mm Standard Fan x 1 (1200rpm, 17 dBA) (can be swapped for 90mm fan or 80mm fan)
- Bottom: Supports 140mm Fan x 1 or 120mm Fan x 1 w/ Dust Filter (optional)
- Expansion Slots Standard x 7, Special x 1
- I/O Panel USB2.0 x 4; IEEE1394 x 1; eSATA x 1; Mic x 1; HD Audio+AC’97 x 1
- Power Supply Standard ATX PS2 / EPS 12V (optional)
The Sniper comes well packed in a sturdy box. The artwork on the box looks as if you are looking through the scope of a sniper rifle at the Sniper case.
The case comes wrapped in plastic and foam end caps.
Next Page - External Impressions
Page 1 - CM Storm Goes Black
Page 2 - External Impressions
Page 3 - Moving Inside
Page 4 - Installing Parts
Page 5 - Final Thoughts and Conclusions