Legit Case Reviews
nMediaPC HTPC 8000 Wooden HTPC Case
|Date:||Fri, Oct 30, 2009 - 12:00 AM|
|Written By:||Shane Higgins -|
A Wooden Media Center Computer Case!
Recently nMediaPC added an interesting case to their HTPC line up, the HTPC 8000. The thing that makes it interesting is that it’s made of wood. I know I have never owned wooden case, or seen one that wasn’t custom built, so it’s different to see a wooden case as an off the shelf option. At 19.3(W) x "14.3"(H) x 11"(D) the HTPC 8000 is a bit on the big side for an HTPC case, but it can hold a full size ATX motherboard, full length expansion cards, and a standard ATX PSU. Before we get too far let's look at the specifications of the HTPC 8000.
- Model: HTPC 8000
- Color: Red Wood
- Dimension(WxHxD): 19.3"x14.3"x11" [500mmx365mmx280mm]
- Material: Wood & Steel
- Motherboard Support: ATX and Micro-ATX
- Power Supply Support: ATX PSU (not included)
- Drive Bays:
- External 5.25” Bay x 1
- Internal 3.5” Bay x 4
- Expansions: 7 Slots / Full Size
- Cooling: 140mm Case Fan x 1
- Front Connection:
- eSATA x 1 for your external hard drive High Definition Audio x 2 (AC 97 compliance)
- All in one Card Reader (SDHC 2.0 compliance - high capacity & speed)
- IEEE 1394 x 1
- USB 2.0 x 3
- LCD Display (Optional, not included): 20X2 Programmable LCD display module with Internal USB connector, support Windows, Media Center Edition 2005, Vista and Vista Media Center Edition operating system. (MODEL# PRO-LCD)
The case comes in a simple but sturdy cardboard box.
Opening the box we can see the case wrapped in plastic and the ends of the case are encased in foam packing. The box would have to take a decent hit to get through the foam and damage the case.
Next Page - External Impressions
Page 1 - A Wooden Media Center Computer Case!
Page 2 - External Impressions
Page 3 - Moving Inside
Page 4 - Installing Parts
Page 5 - Final Thoughts and Conclusion