Legit Case Reviews
NZXT Lexa S Mid Tower PC Case Review
|Date:||Tue, Oct 20, 2009 - 12:00 AM|
|Written By:||Dan Stoltz -|
Introduction and Packaging
Today we are going to look at the Lexa S, a brand new case from NZXT. NZXT wanted to bring an enthusiast level case to the market while keeping the cost conscious in mind. Coming in under $70.00 the NZXT Lexa S brings features commonly found in much more expensive cases to the table. Offering features such as mounting for a dual radiator, and a finished interior the NZXT may prove to be a winner.
Taking at look at the front of the case gives us an idea of the look of the NZXT Lexa S. Though as sharp as the image on the front of the box is, it doesn't do justice to the Lexa S.
Moving around to the side of the box we can take a look at some of the features of the case.
Fits ATX and Micro ATX motherboards
4 External 5.25 inch drive bays
7 internal drive bays
7 expansion slots
Front 1 x 120mm fan (included)
Side 1 x 120mm blue led fan (included)
Top 2 x 140mm fan (1 included)
Rear 1 x 120mm fan (included)
Chassis dimensions (D x W x H)528 x 196 x 480mm
Chassis Material: steel
Chassis weight: 7kg
Turning the box to view the back gives another list of features. It also gives us the first look at the inside of the case.
- Immense Performance: 5 Fan capability (Front fan, Top 140mm fan, Side 120 mm Led Fan, Rear 120mm Exhaust included ), fans rated at 43cfm, 23dB(a)
- Fan control: Determine noise and airflow based on your needs, dual intakes and dual exhausts are controlled independently
- Night light: An Ambient light over the 5.25" drives gives visibility in dark rooms and at LAN parties
- Black on Black: Smoked clear window and a black interior gives the best combination of black on black
- Meshed front panel allows for more airflow
- 5.25" Stealth bay to keep a clean look
- NZXT Solid State bracket allows for two SSD drives to be installed
- Wire Routing: Motherboard tray punched holes allows for quick CPU bracket removal and optimal wire routing. Turned HDD cage also helps with providing a cleaner look
- Pre-drilled water cooling holes on the backplate
- Front mounted USB, Audio, and E-SATA ports
- High end graphics card support, extra space is especially designed to fit larger 10.5" cards
- Mounting holes for dual radiator at the top.
- Removable filter at the bottom PSU
Follow me to the next page where we take a look at the case!
Next Page - External Impressions
Page 1 - Introduction and Packaging
Page 2 - External Impressions
Page 3 - Moving Inside
Page 4 - Moving Inside Continued
Page 5 - Assembling the Test System
Page 6 - Final Thoughts