Legit Mods and Ends Reviews
BenQ Joybee GP1 Mini Projector Review
|Date:||Thu, Aug 27, 2009 - 12:00 AM|
|Written By:||Legit Staff|
The BenQ Joybee GP1 Mini ProjectorThe BenQ Joybee GP1 Mini Projector is a palm-sized pocket projector designed to keep you entertained wherever you go. All you have to do is plug in your personal media device to turn downloaded movies, photos, and even music videos into great big fun. In today’s world of fast paced business and on-the-go meetings, it’s nice to have something small and portable to bring along with you. This device packs a lot of functionality in its small package. The Joybee GP1 mini is also capable of being a work horse in the office with your power point presentations, then going home and being the perfect fit for your family movie night. Not bad for a portable projector that is just 136mm x 57mm x 120mm in dimension and comes in at just 1.4lbs. This mini projector is PhlatLight LED-lit to deliver stunning images up to 80 inches across and it even has an integrated 2W speaker. The Joybee GP1 Mini may seem daunting when reading the quick start guide; however, we found the best approach for this device is to just jump in and get started. So let’s go!
BenQ Joybee GP1 Mini Projector Features:
- Native Resolution: SVGA (858×600)
- Projection System: DLP
- Brightness: 100 ANSI Lumens
- Light Source: 3LED (RGB)
- Contrast Ratio: 2000:1
- Weight: 1.4 lbs
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3 native, 16:9 Selectable
- Display Color: 16.7 million
- Lens: F=2, f=17.7mm
- Zoom Ratio: Fixed
- Image Size: 15- to 80-inch
- Throw Ratio: 1.92
- Inputs: PC: Computer: D-sub 15 pin x 1(through CEA 30pin) AV: Component Video: D-sub 15 pin (through CEA 30pin) Composite Video: RCA x 1 (through CEA 30pin) USB reader: USB Type A Audio: Audio L/R: RCA x 2 (through CEA 30pin)
- Output: Audio: Stereo mini jack x 1 (for USB reader) 2 Watt Speaker x 1
- HDTV Compatibility: 480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i
- Dimensions: 5.35 x 2.12 x 4.72 inches
- Power Consumption: 60W
- Noise Level: 28 dB
- USB Reader: Photo: JPEG, GIF, BMP, TIFF Video: MPEG-1, Layer 2, PCM It is recommended to use ArcSoft MediaConverter Software (inside Manual CD) to convert video files.
The Joybee GP1 Mini comes in a very small, compact package. But don’t let that packaging fool you - it comes with quite a bit. You receive the projector itself along with the power brick and correlating cable, audio visual cables, a small remote control, and a nice travel case for the projector itself. As I mentioned before, the Joybee GP1 mini also comes with a quick start guide as well as the entire in depth guide.
One thing that we wish for is a place for the power brick and cables. Benq supplies a nice travel case but the only thing that fits in there is the projector itself.
Next Page - A Closer Look At The GP1
Page 1 - The BenQ Joybee GP1 Mini Projector
Page 2 - A Closer Look At The GP1
Page 3 - Using The BenQ Joybee GP1
Page 4 - Final Thoughts and Conclusions