Intel LGA2011 CPU Cooler Roundup For Sandy Bridge-E ProcessorsWed, Dec 28, 2011 - 12:00 AM
NZXT HAVIK 120
The fans on the Havik 120 are thirteen blade 120mm fans that push 75.8CFM @ 22dBA. The cooler body is made up of a nickel plated copper base and aluminum cooling fins.
Features of the NZXT HAVIK 120
- Revamped 120mm FZ Fans with 13 blades for intense silent cooling
- Nickel-plated copper base material
- Four 8mm pipes and aluminum fins for attaining maximum dissipation into fans
- Fan speeds up to 1500 +/- 10% RPM and 22 dBA silent cooling with airflow of 75.8 CFM
- Aero-dynamic fin design for improved airflow
- Universal bracket compatible with Intel and AMD CPUs
- Rubber mounting for noise absorption
Specifications of the NZXT HAVIK 120
- MODEL: HAVIK 120
- MATERIALS: Aluminum / Copper Nickel-Plated
- 125(W) x 160(H) x 112(D) mm
- 125(W) x 160(H) x 58(D) mm (heatsink)
- 680g (excluding fans and mounting kit)
- 980g (with dual 120mm fans)
AIR FLOW: 61.5-75.8 CFM
- White connector for low speed
- black connector for high speed
- Intel Socket: 2011, 1366, 1155, 1156, 775 CPUs
- AMD Socket: AM3, AM2+, AM2 CPUs
The Havik 120 also has a universal mounting system that allows the user to mount it up to AMD AM2/AM3 and all Intel LGA sockets. NZXT uses rubber mounts for the fan that attach like metal spring clips. When using these for the first time putting them on can be annoying, but are they easier to take off. NZXT also provides two Y power cables; black is for full speed, white is reduced speed.
Here we have the Havik 120 mounted up.
Being the Havik 120 is single tower cooler it is narrow, so the fins of the cooler are clear of the RAM slots. With the fans installed though, the first RAM slot is covered.