Plantronics Discovery 655 Bluetooth Headset Review
When we first evaluated the Plantronics Discovery 640, we found that it to be one of the best Bluetooth headsets on the market ? especially for those who used a Treo mobile device or did not mind the in-the-ear design. Sound quality was great and the unit was light enough for users to wear for long periods of time. Recently, Plantronics introduced their successor to this great device, the Discovery 655. This new model, street priced at around $70, promises to keep the already great functionality and form factor of the 640 but at the same time improve on what we thought was its weakest link: voice quality of the user when talking to others.
The way Plantronics enables these major changes is through a Digital Signal Processor now incorporated into the Discovery Series line of headsets. We were hoping that the inclusion of this DSP technology would enhance the voice quality of the user enabling them to have a conversation in a windy or noisy environment. Also new to the Discovery 655 is the vibrating alert which seems very innovative.
- Talk time of up to 3.5 hours, increasing to 10 hours with AAA charger
- Standby time of up to 80 hours
- Bluetooth version 2.0 for up to 33 feet talk range
- Digital Signal Processing for crystal clear sound
- Sleek, stylish design for discreet connectivity
- Ultra-light at only 9 grams
- Innovative charging pocket with vibrate ring alert
- Easily recharge from your PC