Corsair Gaming K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Keyboard Review
Corsair Gaming K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Keyboard
Today, we revisit the Corsair K70 RGB mechanical keyboard with the K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE, a keyboard using an entirely new keyswitch from Cherry built for speed. It’s also part of a refreshed lineup that seeks to remedy the biggest disappointments with the first K70 RGB which we will go over.
Corsair has introduced three new RAPIDFIRE mechanical keyboards which use the all new Cherry MX Speed Silver switch. They are new variants of the K70 RGB, K70, and K65 RGB, among which we are reviewing the K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE. This new switch is built to actuate faster while retaining the durability and reliability of the Cherry MX switch mechanism. We will be comparing this new switch against the closely related Cherry MX Red with some comparison remarks against other competing key switches built for speed.
The returning features from the K70 RGB are the multicolor lighting, the exposed aluminum backplate, USB passthrough, braided cable, full key rollover, and dedicated media controls. Improved features adapted from Corsair’s Strafe RGB keyboards are the updated RGB LED controller and larger font on the keycaps. The same set of alternative textured FPS and MOBA keycaps from the Strafe keyboards is also included with the K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE, a feature that was omitted in any way from the K70 RGB. These improvements are also found on other products in the Corsair LUX RGB keyboard refresh.
Corsair Gaming K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Keyboard Features:
- Ultrafast mechanical gaming keyboard: Ultrafast 1.2mm actuation and light 45g switch force for truly unrivaled response time
- 100% Cherry MX Speed RGB key switches: Ultrafast performance with the precision and durability of gold contact Cherry MX mechanical gaming key switches
- Aircraft grade anodized brushed aluminum frame: With light weight and rugged durability you need for a keyboard that’s going to see a lot of action.
- 100% anti-ghosting and full key rollover over USB circuitry: No matter how fast you go your keypresses will always register
- Advanced lighting control and large font keycaps: Experience dynamic, vibrant multi-color backlighting
- The power of CUE: Sophisticated macro programming and fast, fluid dynamic multicolor illumination for an enlightened gaming experience.
- Detachable soft-touch wrist rest: The comfort you need for marathon gaming sessions.
- Dedicated multimedia controls: The control you need to adjust your audio without interrupting your game
- USB Pass-Through Port: Positioned for uninterrupted game play and ready for your mouse or wireless headset adapter
- FPS and MOBA keycap sets: Textured and contoured keycaps provide maximum grip and enhanced feel
Corsair Gaming K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Keyboard Specifications:
|Key Switches||Cherry MX Speed RGB, mechanical, 45g actuation force, 1.2mm actuation distance, guaranteed durability for >50M keystrokes, gold cross-point contacts|
|Backlight||Individually lit and per key programmable LED Color RGB|
|Report Rate||Selectable 8ms, 4ms, 2ms, 1ms and BIOS mode|
|Matrix||100% anti-ghosting with full key rollover on USB|
|Media keys||Six dedicated multimedia keys, incl. Volume Up/Down roller|
|Windows Lock key||Yes|
|Wrist rest||Full length detachable with soft touch finish|
|Dimensions||436(L) x 165(W) x 38(H) mm / 17.2 (L) x 6.5 (W) x 1.50 (H)|
|Weight||1.20 kg / 2.65 lbs.|
The Corsair Gaming K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE is priced at $169.99 (Amazon) which is the same price the K70 RGB had when it launched in October 2014. Included with the K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE is a soft touch detachable wristrest, alternate sets of textured WASD and QWERDF keycaps, keycap puller tool, a multilanguage quick start guide, a warranty guide, and a separate warranty information slip for Australian residents.