Corsair Hydro Series H100i Extreme Performance CPU Cooler ReviewTue, Sep 17, 2013 - 8:45 AM
The Test System
Before we take a look at the performance numbers, let’s take a brief look at the test system that was used. All testing was done using a fresh install of Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and benchmarks were completed on the desktop with no other software programs running.
- Intel Core i7 4770k Quad-Core Haswell CPU
- Corsair H100i Extreme Performance CPU Cooler
- 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866MHz Memory
- GIGABYTE Z87X-UD4H Motherboard
- EVGA GTX 570 Classified Video Card
- 2x 120GB Samsung 840 Pro SATA III 6Gb/s SSD’s in RAID 0
- Thermaltake Pure Power 680w Power Supply
- Windows 7 Professional Operating System
Intel Z87/LGA1150 Platform
The Intel Z87 platform that we used to test these memory modules was running the GIGABYTE Z87X-UD4H motherboard with BIOS version F7 that came out on 08/05/2013. The processor used, the Intel Core i7 4770k, will be using the stock frequency of 3.5GHz with turbo boost enabled, which can boost it up to 3.9GHz. Low power state is enabled, which clocks the CPU at 900MHz.