Wintec Industries PC5400 DDR 2 memory
For testing purposes I rounded up every 1GB kit of PC5400 DDR2 memory I had, to include kits from Kingston, Corsair, and Centron. the quality and price various widely with these kits so we should get a pretty wide variety of performance.
For testing the following system was used.
- ASUS P5WD2 Premium motherboard
- Intel Pentium D 820 dual core processor
- Sapphire ATI X850 XT PE video card
- Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SATA HDD
- OCZ Powerstream 520W PSU
- Antec TX640B case
Corsair 3-2-2-8 *
* I chose to run the Corsair 5400UL at its best rated timings to show a better spread of performance.
All test were done on a fresh install of Windows XP w/ service pack 2, and the latest drivers for each component. Though the CPU was cooled by ECT’s Mach II phase change cooler, all components were run at their rated speeds.