G.SKILL RIPJAWS MX780 Gaming Mouse Review
G.SKILL RIPJAWS MX780 Gaming Mouse
For those not yet familiar with G.SKILL, they are a company most recognized for their computer memory including value and high performance products. Long-time computer hardware enthusiasts such as ourselves find G.SKILL’s move into gaming peripherals a bit of a surprise though we have seen other companies that specialize in memory do the same. One of those companies, Corsair, did very well to the point that some gamers recognize that brand for their gaming keyboards.
We have reasonable expectations that the RIPJAWS MX780 we have for review isn’t some cheap stab at the growing gaming peripheral market. In many ways the MX780 is like the 2012 Vengeance M60 gaming mouse from Corsair. They are and were respectively high-end mouse with metal materials to complement the appearance of memory heat spreaders of product lines with the same name: RIPJAWS and Vengeance respectively. The MX780 is one product amongst a complete suite of new gaming peripherals from G.SKILL which include two mechanical keyboards and two headsets.
The G.SKILL RIPJAWS MX780 is an ambitious gaming mouse as its $59.99 pricing at Newegg and respectable set of features suggest. It has an 8200 DPI laser sensor, 8 programmable buttons, RGB lighting, onboard profile storage, weight compartments, adjustable height, and changeable side grips. G.SKILL aimed high with one of the longest list of functional features we’ve seen for a gaming mouse and a generous 2-year warranty shows confidence in its long term reliability. We’re expecting more than a pretty box here.
G.SKILL RIPJAWS MX780 Gaming Mouse Features:
- 8,200 DPI Laser Sensor
- 8 Programmable Buttons
- 3-Zone Custom RGB Lighting
- Ambidextrous & Height-Adjustable Design
- G.SKILL Unified Driver System
- 5 On-The-Fly DPI Steps W/ Color Indicator
- Interchangable Side Grips
- Gaming-Grade Laser Sensor
- Omron Micro-Switch W/ 20 Million Click Durability
- Tracking Up To 150ISP & 30G Acceleration
- 512KB Onboard Memory
- PTFE Glide Pads
- Up to 1000Hz Polling Rate (1MS)
G.SKILL RIPJAWS MX780 Gaming Mouse Specifications:
- Series : Gaming Mice
- Sensor Type: Avago Laser Sensor
- Micro Switch: Omron
- DPI: 100-8200
- Polling Rate: 125Hz/250Hz/500Hz/1000Hz
- Mouse Backlighting: 4-Zone RGB
- On-board profile: 5
- Programmable Keys: 8
- On-board memory: 512KB
- Braided USB Cable: 1.8m
- Mouse Adapter: USB
- Mouse Feet: PTFE Glide Pads
- Weight System: 4.5g Weights (x2)
- Weight (mouse only): 111g
- Weight (w/ weights): 120g
- Dimensions: 130mm x 70mm x 38mm (5.12in x 2.76in x 1.50in)
- Dimensions (w/ large side grips): 130mm x 93mm x 38mm (5.12in x 3.66in x 1.50in)
- Warranty: 2-Year Limited Warranty
G.SKILL has presented the RIPJAWS MX780 nicely in its packaging. The front flap reveals the mouse behind a clear plastic shell. Gone are the days of clamshell packaging. Opening the box and accessing the contents is easy.
We’re showing off the contents so that we can get right to examining the mouse on the next page. The MX780 comes with a quick start guide, two 45 gram weighs, a screwdriver for the height adjustment feature, and a set of alternative side grips.