Xigmatek Loki, Gaia and Aegir CPU Cooler Review RoundupThu, May 05, 2011 - 12:00 AM
Looking at the Loki SD963
The Loki is the smallest of the coolers we are looking at today. Coming in at 134mm tall it is also the smallest cooler we have put on our Core i7 test system to date, other than the stock Intel HSF. The Loki comes with a single 92mm fan that pushes 52 CFM, spinning 1200 to 2800 RPM at 20 to 28 dBA. The Loki can be set up for push pull by adding another 92mm fan. Xigmatek does include the mounts for a second fan.
Features of the Loki SD963
- H.D.T. (Heat-pipe direct touch) technology.
- Support for Intel LGA775/1156/1366; AMD Socket K8/AM2/AM2+/AM3.
- Dual fan installed option and Anti-vibration rubbers attached.
- PWM fan to adjust the power of the fan efficiently.
- Light weight.
- High performance & easy installation.
- 3pcs 6mm high performance heat-pipes.
Specifications of the Loki SD963
- Product Name: LOKI SD963
- Product Number: CAC-S9HH3-U06
- Dimension: 92(W) x 50(H) x 134(D) mm
- Heat Sink
- Base Material: H.D.T. (Heat-pipes Direct Touch)
- Fin Material: Aluminum Alloy
- SPEC: 6mm
- Qty: 3 pcs.
- Dimension: 92(W) x 92(H) x 25(D) mm
- Voltage Rating: 12V
- Starting Voltage: 7V
- Speed: 1200~2800 R.P.M.
- Bearing Type: HYPRO Bearing
- Air Flow: 52 CFM
- Air Pressure: 3.7 mmH2O
- Life Expectance: 40,000 hrs
- Noise Level: 20~28 dBA
- Connector: 4 Pin with PWM
Looking from the top of the Loki we can see the fin shape is symmetrical with a saw tooth profile. The channels in the 4 corners are for the fan mounts to slide into.
The Loki has three 6mm U shaped heatpipes.
Xigmatek provides everything that is needed to mount the Loki to any of the Intel LGA sockets and AMD K8, AM2, AM3 sockets. Also included are enough fan mounts to mount two fans, and thermal paste.
Here we have the Loki installed into our Intel Core i7 test system.