HyperX Cloud Revolver Gaming Headset
Back in 2014, the HyperX Cloud gaming headset launched to rave reviews including our own and quickly became a big hit amongst gamers around the world across all platforms. This level of success was unprecedented for a high-end gaming headset, yet its good sound quality, outstanding construction, and comfortable design, easily made it the best value competitive gaming headset despite the price. Building on the tremendous success of the Cloud is an all new premium competition gaming headset from HyperX called the Cloud Revolver.
Unlike the Cloud which is a rebranded Qpad QH-90, the HyperX Cloud Revolver is an all-new original design built from the ground up. Like the Cloud, the Cloud Revolver features premium memory foam padding, a detachable microphone, and heavy reliance on metal construction. New to the Revolver is a self-adjusting suspension headband and 50mm drivers. The Cloud Revolver is backed by a 2-year warranty and is available on Amazon for $110.71.
HyperX Cloud Revolver Gaming Headset Features:
- Studio-grade soundstage
- Signature memory foam @ premium leatherette
- Durable steel frame
- Detachable noise cancellation mic
- 3.5mm glue (4 pole)
- Audio control box with 3.5mm stereo and mic plugs
- Suspension headband
- 50mm directional drivers
HyperX Cloud Revolver Gaming Headset Specifications:
- Driver: Dynamic, 50mm with neodymium magnets
- Type: Circumaural, Closed back
- Frequency response: 12Hz–28,000 Hz
- Impedance: 30 Ω
- Sound pressure level: 104.5dBSPL/mW at 1kHz
- T.H.D.: < 2%
- Input power: Rated 30mW, Maximum 500mW
- Weight: 360g
- Weight w/ mic and cable: 376g
- Cable length and type: Headset (1m) + Audio Control Box (2m)
- Connection: Headset – 3.5mm plug (4 pole) + Audio Control Box – 3.5mm stereo and mic plugs
- Element: Electret condenser microphone
- Polar pattern: Uni-directional, Noise-canceling
- Frequency response: 50Hz–18,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: -40dBV (0dB=1V/Pa,1kHz)
- 2-year warranty
Like the Cloud, the Cloud Revolver has elaborate packaging that has the headset and its accessories packed into a gift box and cardstock retail sleeve with the specifications printed on the inside.
Opening the box, we see a quick start guide that gives an overview how to connect and use the accessories and an information guide that provides links to support and product information.
The Cloud Revolver is nested in a block of foam with the inline controller visible.
Included with the headset is 2 meter long cable with an inline controller and detachable microphone.