Thermaltake eSports Challenger Gaming Keyboard ReviewThu, Aug 18, 2011 - 12:00 AM
Introduction & Specifications
Thermaltake is a
well known brand for Computer Cases, Coolers, and PSUs. Due
to the constant requests for keyboards
and mice from
gamers and end users, Thermaltake decided to create a series of gaming
and headsets with the Tt eSPORTS brand back in 2009 and launched their first product in 2010.
As a large supporter of the World Cyber Games, Thermaltake has taken the input from gamers and made a line of budget oriented gaming keyboards for those users. With the challenger line of keyboards; Thermaltake has entered the market with the idea to set a trend of unique features added to your standard assortment of gaming features like Anti-Ghosting, Advanced Key Rollover, Macro Keys, Media Keys, and multiple profiles.
As a bit of a surprise, the front of the Thermaltake Challenger’s box is not chock full of information like you would normally find on boxes. Instead it chose to list 3 features of the keyboard; USB cable positions in either right or left orientation, hand cooling fan is included, and 6 Macro keys are programmable on the keyboard.
Moving onto the back of the box, we have a list of specifications in multiple languages. For the ease of reading, I’ll transpose what it says:
- Up to 32KB Onboard Memory to store your preset macro key functions.
- Provides total of 18 Macro Keys set up in 3 game profiles. Features with Anti-ghost Key function for reliable gaming functionality
- There was a bit of Engrish on this bullet point, but what I’m assuming the last part is saying is that it has a specially design Key Matrix for gamers so that no key presses will get blocked while you are gaming and no extra keys will appear in the future.
- We’ll be testing this feature to see how it works since there are many ways to implement this.
- This is purely marketing fluff right here. Gold plated connectors do not give you a better connection nor increase the speed of the the USB ports. I wish companies would stop making such ridiculous claims. Gold plating on connectors prevents against corrosion due to oxidation of a metal.
Thermaltake eSports Challenger Gaming Keyboard Specifications
- Interface: USB
- Operational systems: WindowsR 7/Vista/XP
- Number of Macro keys: 6
- Number of Multimedia keys: 7
- 2.0 USB port: 1
- Switch lifecycle: 10 Millions
- Cable length: 2m
- Keyboard Body dimension (LxWxH): 480x 205.5x 25mm
- Fan Speed: 6,000 RPM(±15%)
- Max. airflow:2.7CFM
- Noise level:21.7dB
- Rate voltage: DC 5.0V
- Life expectancy: 50,000 HRS
- Fan dimension (LxWxH): 30x30x10mm