EVGA TORQ X10 Gaming Mouse ReviewThu, Jun 19, 2014 - 7:48 AM
EVGA TORQ X10 Gaming Mouse
EVGA is currently on the move to release its own branded peripherals and we’re taking a look at one of their new mice that’s hoping to make a splash in a crowded pond. The TORQ X10 and TORQ X10 Carbon stray away from the video cards EVGA is most well-known for though their motherboards and power supplies are an indicator that they can do just fine outside of their usual space. We’ve got the TORQ X10 which also comes in the Carbon variant that utilizes a carbon fiber surface on parts of the mouse.
The TORQ X10 comes a funny looking packaging with triangular sides, but it’s probably going to look much better on the store shelf. What’s clear from that presentation is that this is an ambidextrous mouse with thumb buttons set up on both sides. The TORQ X10 also features and adjustable height, a laser sensor capable of tracking up to 8200 DPI, up to nine programmable buttons, on-board profile storage, customizable weight, and RGB LED lights. This mouse is backed by EVGA’s 3-year warranty which is very generous as far as gaming mice go. The TORQ X10 can be pre-ordered from Newegg at a half-off discounted price of $49.99 with $1.99 shipping and the TORQ X10 Carbon can also be pre-ordered at its discounted price of $79.99 with $1.99 shipping. These preorder specials only last for a limited time and end on June 27th.
EVGA TORQ X10 Gaming Mouse Features:
- Ambidextrous grip supports left- and right-handed gamers.
- Moveable mechanism enables proper support of various hand sizes.
- Avago 9800 laser provides up to 8200 DPI.
- 32-bit ARM MCU.
- Highest quality Omron switches with a lifespan of over 20 million clicks.
- Supports up to nine programmable buttons.
- Allows for five DPI settings to be accessed on the fly.
- Fully customizable RGB LED.
- Innovative surface material helps eliminate sweat.
- Built-in 512KB memory for profile storage.
- Solid metal base provides solid construction.
- Weight control system enables you to customize the weight to your liking
- Six-foot silver-coated copper USB cable with braided surface.
- Black nickel-plated USB connector.
EVGA TORQ X10 Gaming Mouse Specifications:
- Max DPI: 8200
- Sensor Type: Laser
- Main Switch Type: Omron – 20 Million Click Lifecycle
- Programmable Buttons: 9
- Min/Max Weight: 121G/134G (without cable)
- Max Polling/Report Rate: 1000Hz
- LED Color: Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Orange, Pink, Purple
- Feet Type: Low Friction PTFE
- Max Number of Profiles: 5 (512K Onboard)
- Height: 1.25in – 31.75mm (min) 1.5in – 38.1mm (max)
- Length: 4.5in – 114.3mm
- Width: 2.25in – 57.15mm
- 3-year warranty
- Further warranty extension is available upon registration within 30 days of purchase.
- For more details please visit www.evga.com/warranty
The TORQ X10 comes with a general quick guide, a height adjustment guide, a screwdriver for adjusting the mouse height, extra mice feet, and a set of weights. No driver disk is included and the driver will have to be downloaded from EVGA’s website in order to change the mouse settings such as the customizable buttons and onboard profiles.