Corsair Nautilus 500 Water Cooler ReviewMon, Feb 27, 2006 - 12:00 AM
What Comes With the Nautilus500
Corsair Nautilus500 Contents:
- 1 All copper CPU water block with Micro Channel Technology
- 1 AMD Socket 754, 939 and 940 retention bracket
- 1 Intel LGA 775 retention bracket
- 1 Intel socket 478 retention bracket
- 1 Foam pad
- 1 Syringe with thermal grease
- 1 PCI pass-through bracket with internal 4-pin power connector
- 1 Power extension cable
- 2 Quick connect self sealing connectors
- 2 Quick grip clams
- 1 Bottle of Corsair COOL Coolant
- 1 Installation manual
The Corsair Nautilus500 comes with all of the hardware needed to get your recent AMD or Intel computer system water cooled. If you are wondering about support for the upcoming AMD Socket AM2 motherboard the answer is not currently. Corsair informed Legit Reviews that their current AMD rentention bracket does support the upcoming AMD Socket AM2 platform, which means nothing extra will be needed for many months to come.
Speaking of the water block you will notice that a thin layer of plastic is on the face of the water block. This needs to be REMOVED before installation.
This thin piece of plastic was installed to keep the copper base from becoming weathered and scratched.