CoolIT Vantage A.L.C. CPU Water Cooler ReviewFri, Dec 17, 2010 - 8:00 AM
CoolIT Vantage A.L.C. CPU Water Cooler
In the last year self contained water cooling kits have gotten more popular. This is mainly due to some users that want the benefit of water cooling but either do not want to custom build a cooling loop or have the money to throw at a custom loop. Enter companies like Corsair with their H series coolers and CoolIT Systems with their A.L.C. series. Today we are looking at the Vantage A.L.C. from CoolIT Systems.
This is not the first self-contained kit from CoolIT Systems we have looked at here at Legit Reviews. In the past we have looked at the Eliminator, PURE, Domino A.L.C. and ECO A.L.C. The Vantage A.L.C. builds on all the past designs and adds to it with user controlled modes, programmable LCD screen, and even visual and audio alarms for temp or hardware failure.
The Vantage A.L.C. is a self-contained CPU water cooler; what that means is the unit is sealed. With the unit being sealed there is no need for the system to be filled, or topped off, like a custom water cooling loop would require due to water evaporating from the coolant reservoir. This maintenance free operation is also one of the attractions for some users to self-contained units like the Vantage A.L.C.
CoolIT Vantage A.L.C Features
- CoolIT CPU FHE (Fluid Heat Exchanger) Copper Micro-Channel
- Universal Retention System Out of the box support provided for Intel 775, 1156, 1366 and AMD AM2, AM2+, AM3 sockets.
- CoolIT Pump Quiet, compact, long life Ceramic bearing CFF1 pump
- Life Cycle: 50,000 Hours MTTF
- CoolIT Coolant CoolIT Systems low toxicity with anticorrosion/anti fungal additives
- CoolIT Radiator Custom engineered for low noise high heat dissipation
- CoolIT Fan High reliability, Quiet 12V Speed: 1100 – 2,500 RPM (low to high regulation)
- CoolIT CPU Thermal Grease CoolIT Systems Pro A.T.C. (Advanced Thermal Compound)
- Operations Modes (User Selectable) Three cooling performance modes quiet, performance, and full.
- CoolIT 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty
CoolIT Vantage A.L.C. Specifications
- CoolIT 120mm Radiator
- Construction/materials: Louvered aluminum fins, tubes and body
- Performance/Design: Optimized for high performance at low fan speed for low noise operations
- Fittings style: CoolIT 6mm FEP barb system compatible fittings
- Dimensions: 155 mm tall x 120 mm wide x 25mm thick
- Motor: Electronically commutated, brushless
Nominal Voltage: 12 VDC
- Nominal current: 0.14 A (consumes ~1.5W)
- MTTF – Maximum Head: >50,000 Hours, 110 cm H2O
- Maximum Flow Rate: 1.2 L/minute
- Maximum Operating Temp.: 70° Celsius
- Fittings Style: CoolIT 6mm FEP barb system fittings
- Dimensions: 60 mm x 48 mm x 30 mm
- Weight: 57g
- FHE Base Type: Microchannel
- Base Material: Copper
- Dimensions: 55mm(w) x 91.5mm(l) x 51.4mm(h)