ASUS Transformer Book T100HA Review
$299 ASUS Transformer Book T100HA
ASUS recently announced their plans to expand their Transformer Book Family with a brand new update to their successful Transformer line of highly mobile devices. The cool think about the ASUS Transformer line is that these devices are designed to run the latest Windows Operating system as well as give you a full-functionality as a tablet and or ultra-light laptop. While I love the style and functionality of Apples iPad, it really is difficult to get any work done on the machine itself. Its great for serving up content, but when you want to work with a spreadsheet. give a presentation, or even respond in depth to a an e-mail, the native iPads are very difficult to get content into.
Enter the ASUS Transformer Book line of convertible laptops. There are currently three models available: The $699 10.1 Transformer Book Chi, the $349 11.6 Transformer Book Flip, and the $299 10.1 Transformer Book T100HA. ASUS was kind enough to send us over the Transformer Book to get some real-world experiences with.
The ASUS Transformer Book T100HA features an Intel Atom X5 Cherry Trail processor that is rated at 2.24 GHz with 2MB L2 cache and 4GB RAM. This is enough to fully power the Windows 10 OS that it comes with. Along with the 4GB of RAM, the T100HA comes with 64GB of storage on its eMMC storage which is much cheaper and slower than a traditional SSD.
The T100HA has a bunch of inputs including a Micro USB port, a Micro HDMI port, Micro SD card slot, a Type-C USB 3.1 port as well as a USB 2.0 port.
- Quad-Core Intel Cherry Trail x5 Z8500 Processor
- Operating System
- Windows 10 Home
- 10.1″ 16:10 IPS HD (1280×800) with Multi-Touch Screen
- Integrated Intel HD Graphics
- up to 128GB eMMC
- Card Reader
- card reader (Micro SD )
- 2MP front and 5MP back camera
- Integrated 802.11 a/b/g/nBuilt-in Bluetooth V4.0
- 1 x Microphone-in/Headphone-out jack1 x USB Type-C 3.11 x Micro USB1 x micro HDMI1 x USB 2.0 (docking)1 x Micro SD card slot
- Built-in 2 Speaker(s) And Array MicrophoneSonicMaster
- 30 Whrs Polymer Battery
- Power Adapter
- Output : 9 V DC, 2 A, 18 W
- Tablet: 10.3 x 6.7 x 0.4 inch (WxDxH)Dock: 10.3 x 6.7 x 0.5 inch (WxDxH)
- Tablet: 1.2 lbs Dock: 1.0 lbs
- UL, MIC, CE Marking Compliance, FCC Compliance, BSMI, Australia C-TICK / NZ A-Tick Compliance, CCC, GOST-R, CB, Energy star, IDA, Erp 2013, RoHS, JATE
Doing some quick math, for $299, not only do you get a 10.1″ touchscreen tablet running Windows 10, you get a fully functioning keyboard. Not to mention the variety of connections and ports that allow you to get data onto and off of the mobile device. Seems a bit too good to be true. Let’s take a look at how the ASUS Transformer Book works in the real world and if it can actually hang with tablets that cost double it cost.