nMediaPC HTPC 8000 Wooden HTPC CaseFri, Oct 30, 2009 - 12:00 AM
A Wooden Media Center Computer Case!
Recently nMediaPC added an interesting case to their HTPC line up, the HTPC 8000. The thing that makes it interesting is that it’s made of wood. I know I have never owned wooden case, or seen one that wasn’t custom built, so it’s different to see a wooden case as an off the shelf option. At 19.3(W) x “14.3″(H) x 11″(D) the HTPC 8000 is a bit on the big side for an HTPC case, but it can hold a full size ATX motherboard, full length expansion cards, and a standard ATX PSU. Before we get too far let’s look at the specifications of the HTPC 8000.
- Model: HTPC 8000
- Color: Red Wood
- Dimension(WxHxD): 19.3″x14.3″x11″ [500mmx365mmx280mm]
- Material: Wood & Steel
- Motherboard Support: ATX and Micro-ATX
- Power Supply Support: ATX PSU (not included)
- Drive Bays:
- External 5.25” Bay x 1
- Internal 3.5” Bay x 4
- eSATA x 1 for your external hard drive High Definition Audio x 2 (AC 97 compliance)
- All in one Card Reader (SDHC 2.0 compliance – high capacity & speed)
- IEEE 1394 x 1
- USB 2.0 x 3
The case comes in a simple but sturdy cardboard box.
Opening the box we can see the case wrapped in plastic and the ends of the case are encased in foam packing. The box would have to take a decent hit to get through the foam and damage the case.