ECS Elitegroup 2005 Editor’s DaySat, Sep 03, 2005 - 12:00 AM
Extreme Series: SLI & Crossfire Ready
On display was the PF88 Extreme, PFS Extreme, KN1 SLI Extreme, and the PA1 MVP Extreme Crossfire motherboards. As you can tell from the motherboards pictured above, ECS has been developing boards based on nearly every popular chipset on the market right now. With both SLI and Crossfire motherboards for both Intel and AMD users it is clear that ECS knows what enthusiasts/gamers want. Below is a close up of the PA1 MVP Extreme motherboard, which is ECS’ unreleased Crossfire motherboard. This is the first time we were able to see the board.
ECS PA1 MVP Extreme Specifications:
- Form Factor: ATX (305 x 244 mm)
- CPU Support: ? Support LGA775 socket Prescott CPU with HT technology
- Core/Host Bus Speed: FSB 1066MHz
- Chipset: ATI RD400 + SB450
- Audio CODEC: (Realtek ALC880)
- LAN: Mavell 88E8053 Gigabit LAN; Realtek RTL8100C 10/100 Fast Ethernet.
- SATA II:Sil3132; S-ATA: SB450, 4 S-ATA
- 1394a: VT6307
- Memory Support: DDR2 667 @ 1.8V
- Maximum Memory Size: 4GB Capability
- DIMM Socket: 4 x 240-Pin DDR2 DIMM Socket
While the board specifications are not set in stone and could change prior to the launch the revisions we saw looked final. ECS also had demo systems with the above board running, although they wouldn’t let us benchmark the Crossfire systems! (Sorry, we tried I promise!)