2009 E3 Expo – Opening Day CoverageWed, Jun 03, 2009 - 12:00 AM
Alienware M17x Laptop
We wanted to try and talk to as many vendors about their new hardware that was on display. One of our first stops was at the Dell/Alienware to check out the new Alienware M17x.
When we got to the Alienware booth the M17x was still covered and not on display. So, to give you an idea what it looks like here is the official Alienware press photo.
The M17x laptop features a pair of NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280M enthusiast-class GPUs with NVIDIA SLI technology to create what Alienware calls the Universe’s most powerful laptop computer.
Alienware M17x Laptop Specifications:
- Anodized Aluminum Industrial Design with color options and personalized laser engraved nameplate
- Up to Dual 1GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280M graphics processing units (GPUs)2 with SLI technology
- Configurable with Intel Core 2 Extreme Quad-core overclockable Mobile Processor
- Up to 8GB DDR32 1333MHz Memory
- 1TB3 7200RPM or 512GB of Solid State Storage Capacity (Raid 0)
- Optional Beyond HD resolution with a WUXGA 1200p (1920 x 1200) Edge-to-Edge LCD design
- Internal Wireless a/g/draft-n with MIMO (2×2) Technology
- Exclusive Alienware Command Center Software Solution
- Exclusive designed AlienFX Illuminated Keyboard
- NVIDIA GeForce 9400M G1 GPU with HybridPower technology
- Microsoft Windows Vista (64 bit)
We came back to Alienware a couple hours later and got a chance to speak with Frank Azor VP, Product Group, Alienware about the specifics of this killer looking gaming laptop.
After leaving the Alienware booth we ran into some random guys with guns.