Zalman Z11 Plus Black Case ReviewMon, Jun 18, 2012 - 12:00 AM
The Zalman Z11 Plus
When we think of the name Zalman, the first things that come to our mind are their stylish and great performing CPU coolers. These last couple of years Zalman has been expanding their computer product line portfolios even further. This includes anything from CPU coolers to video cards and just about everything in between, including computer chassis.
Today we are going to look at one of the many Zalman’s chassis, the Z11 Plus chassis. This particular chassis incorporates a unique feature that I have yet seen on other manufacturer’s chassis: an HDD cooling system incorporated into the chassis directly. Instead of just placing a fan on or near the HDDs like other manufacturers do, Zalman specifically designed a powered venting system on this chassis that will help keep our HDDs cool during their usage and not have that heated air circulate inside of the chassis.
Zalman Z11 Plus Specifications:
- Enclosure Type: ATX Mid Tower
- Dimensions: 260(W) x 498(H) x 525(D)mm
- Weight: 7.4kg
- Material: Plastic, Steel
- Motherboard Compatibility: Standard ATX / Micro ATX
- Power Supply Compatibility: Standard ATX / ATX12V
- VGA Compatibility: Full Size (up to 290mm)
- Expansion Slot: 7
- Drive Bays:
- External 5.25′ 4
- Internal 3.5″ 5
- External 3.5′ 1 (Convertible 1 x Internal 3.5” or 1 x 2.5” SSD)
- Internal 2.5″ 1
- Front 120㎜ or 140㎜ x 1 (120㎜ Blue LED Fan x 1 built-in)
- Rear 120㎜ x 1 (120㎜ x 1 Standard Fan built-in)
- Top 120㎜ or 140㎜ Fan x 2 (120㎜ Blue LED Fan x 1 built-in)
- Side 80㎜ x 2 (80㎜ Standard Fan x 2 built-in)
- Bottom 120㎜ or 140㎜ x 1 (optional)
Giving the specifications of the Z11 Plus chassis a look through, we can see this particular chassis is capable of handling a lot of different varying computer components. Also, Zalman gives the computer user the option of being able to install either 120mm or 140mm fans into this chassis, or we can install a little bit of both types of fans in this chassis.
Like most Mid-tower chassis, there are going to be some limitations on what can/cannot be used with these types of chassis. Like all other mid-tower chassis I have used in the past, we are limited of only being able to use the standard ATX, mATX style of motherboards, so we cannot use the larger EATX style of motherboard with this chassis. Even though we can use video cards that are up to 290mm in length, some of the coolers used on video cards extend much farther than 290mm.
Looking over at PriceGrabber, the Zalman Z11 Plus chassis can be found for $58.99 Shipped without any rebates.