Xtreme Gear HP-1216B Five Heatpipe Copper CPU Cooler ReviewThu, Apr 22, 2010 - 12:00 AM
Xtreme Gear HP-1216B HDT CPU Cooler
Cyberpower is known for their custom built PC’s, but now their sister company Xtreme Gear is selling components as well as complete custom systems. Today we are taking a look at Xtreme Gear’s HP-1216B CPU cooler. It’s a 5 pipe Heatpipe Direct Touch cooler that will mount up to all of the Intel LGA sockets and the AMD 754/939/940 and the newer AM2 and AM3. The HP-1216B also sports a blue LED 120mm fan to give it a little flare. Let’s take a quick look at the specifications for the $29 HP-1216B before we get too far.
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 5.16″ x 4.06″ x 6.02″ (131mm x 103mm x 153mm)
- Weight: 730g ± 10%
- Bearing Type: Hydraumatic
- Rated Voltage: 12 VDC
- Rated Current: 0.38 Amp (MAX)
- Air Flow: 55.6~80.1CFM
- Noise: 215~25 db ± 10%
- Speed: 1,000 ~ 2,000 RPM ± 10%
- Life: 30,000 hours
- Thermal Resistance: 0.92 (°C/W)
- CPU Compatibility:
- Intel LGA775: Core2 Duo / Celeron / Pentium 4 / Pentium D
- Intel LGA1156: Core i3/i5/i7
- Intel LGA1366: Core i7
- AMD: AM2 / AM3 / 754 / 939 / 940: Sempron / Athlon 64 / Athlon X2 / Phenom 64
The HP-1216B comes packed in a nice looking box with a window that shows the fins and base of the cooler. The box also has the specifications of the cooler on the side.
Inside the cooler was packed in a clamshell. Our sample looks to have taken a hit in shipping. The packing did its job; the cooler looks to be fine. No bent fins or other visible damage.