The Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler ReviewThu, Jul 31, 2008 - 12:00 AM
The Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler
Today we look at the HDT-S1283 cooler from Xigmatek. The HDT-S1283 is a direct touch cooler, meaning the heatpipes are in direct contact with the CPU. The HDT-S1283 was brought to our attention when our forum members compared it to the OCZ Vendetta HDT cooler we reviewed a while back. Well, thanks to the folks at Crazy PC for providing us with one, we can get a look at the HDT-S1283. Before we get too far ahead of ourselves let’s take a look at the features and specifications.
- H.D.T. (Heat-pipe direct touch) technology.
- Anti-vibration rubber design.
- Particular spoiler design.
- 3pcs high performance U type heat-pipe.
- Light weight.
- High performance & easy installation.
- 120mm highly efficient PWM fan.
- 3 in 1 application: LGA775 push-pin/K8 & AM2 tool-less clip.
- Product Name: HDT-S1283
- Product Number: CAC-SXHH3-U02
- Dimension: 120(W) x 159(H) x 50(D) mm
- Heat Sink Material: Aluminum Alloy
- Heat-pipe: F8 x 3
- Dimension: 120(W) x 120(H) x 25(D) mm
- Voltage Rating: 12V
- Speed: 800~1500 R.P.M.
- Bearing Type: Rifle Bearing
- Air Flow: 56.3 CFM
- Air Pressure: 1.57 mmH2O
- Life Expectance: 40,000 hrs
- Noise Level: 27.2 dBA
- Connector: 4 Pin with PWM
- Weight: 600g (w/fan)
- All Intel Socket 775 CPU Core 2 Extreme / Quad / Duo Pentium Extreme Edition / D Celeron D
- All AMD Socket AM2 / 754 / 939 / 940 CPU Athlon 64 / FX / X2 / Opteron / Sempron
The HDT-S1283 comes in a simple box with a window showing the fan. The box art shows images of the cooler base and cooler fins. The back has the cooler specifications and features.
With everything out of the box we can see the cooler is well protected in high density foam. The cooler includes 120mm fan, rubber fan mounts, small packet of TIM, and all mounting hardware required for AMD and Intel sockets.
In the hardware bag we have AMD and stock Intel style retention clips. This will be nice for those that want to change their cooler but do not want to take the system apart to do it. Xigmatek also includes a molex to 3 pin adaptor for those that don’t want the PWM control and want the cooler running 100% of the time. The interesting thing that comes with the cooler is the spoiler. The spoiler, as we will see later, will help to direct air towards the motherboard components around the socket.