The Antec P150 Quiet PC Case ReviewWed, May 31, 2006 - 12:00 AM
Antec Keeps Advancing Computer Cases!
When it comes to reviewing computer cases I often think it seems silly as personal tastes vary so much between individuals, but it still needs to be done so consumers avoid the “bad” cases on the market. Today I bring you a look at the Antec P150, which is one of the more recent computer cases from Antec.
In 2003 I picked up and have been using the original Antec Sonata on my personal system without any issues at all. When the Sonata first came out the gloss black case was rare and blue LED’s were all the rage as only enthusiasts were using them. Maybe it was the Apple iPod that did it, but today the style to have seems to be simplistic and white. On the original Sonata we can see Antec punched into the side of the case and the Antec case badge on the front of the door. Three years later the door is gone and so is the Antec branding all over the case. At the very bottom of the case Antec has pressed their name in the metal front panel, but didn’t emphasize it with any color highlights. With it’s simplistic outside appearance, door less front, and internal updates I figured the Antec P150 would be the ideal case to replace the three year old Antec Sonata.
The Antec P150 can be found in the ‘Performance One’ series and is considered a ‘quiet PC’. It comes with an Antec Neo HE – High Efficiency 430-Watt power supply, which has three twelve volt rails offering 32A on the combined 12V rail. (Not enough to run the latest SLI and CrossFire cards, but enough to run most high end cards) The Antec P150 is lined with sound-deadening panels on the sides and the top to help keep noise levels down. It features just one case fan, a 3-way adjustable 120mm case located in the rear of the case.
Before we take a closer look at the case and install a system in the P150, let’s take a look at the features.
- Sound-deadening side and top panels reduce noise
- 120mm TriCool? selectable-speed fan (installed) ? allows you to optimize cooling and quietness
- High Efficiency 430-Watt ATX12V v2.2 Neo HE power supply
-Quiet, energy-efficient operation (up to 85%) reduces power consumption and saves you money
-Precise 3% power regulation
-Dedicated power circuitry delivers more reliable output
-Triple +12V outputs isolate CPU power circuits from other peripherals
-Universal Input (100 ? 240 VAC) with Active PFC
-Advanced cable management reduces system clutter and improves internal airflow
- Integrated cable organizers help keep your system neat
- 4 removable HDD bays; or use optional HDD suspension system (included) for up to 3 hard drives
- Front-mounted ports for easy multimedia connections
-2 x USB 2.0
-1 x IEEE 1394 (FireWire, i.Link)
-Audio In and Out
- Removable side panel with easy-access thumb screws
- Removable front bezel for easy access to drive bays
- Blue LEDs on front for Power On and HD indicators
- Fits Micro ATX (9.6″ x 9.6″) and Standard ATX (12″x 9.6″) motherboards
- Dimensions: 17″(H) x 8.1″(W) x 18.5″(D)
43,0cm (H) x 20,5cm (W) x 46,8cm (D)