The Antec Nine Hundred – Ultimate Gamer CaseThu, Apr 05, 2007 - 12:00 AM
Antec is a company that we are all familiar with and best known for producing stellar PC enclosures and power supplies over the years. Today we are looking at what they proclaim is the Ultimate Gamer Case, the Antec Nine Hundred.
Anyone who has been to a LAN party can tell you how much fun they can be, except for moving your equipment around of course! Having a plain-jane case for some just will not do, LED lights and clear windows have been big business for years so what better way to stand out at a LAN than having a great looking case. The other important thing for enthusiasts today is to have effective cooling. Spending all that hard earned money on a big heatsink to keep your processor cool while fragging your buddies, mostly goes to waste once you put it in an enclosure unless you have loud fans moving gobs of air.
Antec has heard your cries for a great looking and excellent cooling case and developed the Nine Hundred. Don’t let the pictures fool you, this is not a huge full tower case! The Nine Hundred is mid-tower case with some great features. It is a clear departure from the sleek Sonata and P150 cases with performance in mind.
- Unique Top mounted 200mm TriCool exhaust fan to cool the hottest system
- Perforated front bezel for maximum air intake
- Two front loaded HDD cages for up to 6 hard disk drives
- The HDD cages act as air ducts to take air in more efficiently. Optional middle 120mm fan bracket to cool the hottest graphic cards or CPU
- Two 120mm TriCool blue LED front fans to cool hard disk drives
- Window side panel comes with an optional 120mm fan mount for maximum VGA cooling
- Top mounted I/O ports for easy access
- Top tray for your MP3 player, digital camera, etc.
- Power supply mounts at the bottom of the case (power supply not included)
- Dimensions: 19.4″ x 8.1″ x 18.4″ (L x W x H) 49.3cm x 20.6cm x 46.8cm (L x W x H)
- 1 top 200mm TriCool fan with 3-speed switch control
- 1 rear 120mm TriCool fan with 3-speed switch control
- 2 front 120mm special black TriCool blue LED fans with 3-speed switch control to cool HDDs
- 1 side (optional) 120mm fan to cool graphic cards
- 1 middle (optional) 120mm fan to cool CPU or graphic cards
- 9 Drive Bays
- External 3 x 5.25″; Internal 6 x 3.5″ for HDD, or External 6 x 5.25″; Internal 3x 3.5″ for HDD, or External 9 x 5.25″
- Motherboard: Fits micro and standard ATX
- 7 Expansion Slots
- Top I/O
- Power & reset button with blue LED
- 2 x USB 2.0
- 1 x IEEE 1394 (FireWire®, i.Link®)
- Audio In and Out
You may have noticed that it does not include a power supply, which for some is an annoyance while others could care less. I tend to be one that likes to put my own high watt PSU in.