Phanteks PH-TC14PE CPU Cooler ReviewFri, Oct 28, 2011 - 12:00 AM
Phanteks PH-TC14PE CPU Cooler
Now if you read the name Phanteks and thought “who?” well so did I, but recently they have been getting some buzz over their first offering the PH-TC14PE. A little information from Phanteks website About Us page.
“Phanteks, is a company with more than 20 years international experience in providing thermal solutions. From specialists in providing thermal solutions we have now expanded to a company offering multiple product solutions.
With our thorough technical skills and marketing expertise, we fully optimize the products with thermal possibilities and capabilities. We have always been able to achieve the maximum due to our passion in finding and discovering new technical developments. Phanteks design team which has a base in Europe situated in Holland, consists of creative researchers, designers and developers have always been successful in spotting the exact needs of gamers. This results in our quality products.
Our expertise means no job is impossible, and that every customer is given a professional and personal service that is rare in today’s marketplace. We meet our customers’ expectations with superior products, customer service and industry knowledge.”
With the PH-TC14PE being the first cooler with the Phanteks name on it, stands to reason that for the last 20 years they have been an OEM for someone else, but today we are looking at what they are offing now.
The PH-TC14PE is a twin tower, twin fan, 140mm cooler with five 8mm heatpipes and uses aerospace technology. Phanteks is using two patented coatings on the cooler. A Physical Antioxidant Thermal Shield, or P.A.T.S, increases the cooling performance and reliability while deflecting heat from other sources. The other is a Cold Plasma Spaying Coating Technology. or C.P.S.C, is a brand new technologic forming deposit that displaces heat onto corresponding metals at a quicker rate. With this technology, the Phanteks PH-TC14PE enhances thermal conductivity on the soldered surfaces of the heat-pipes through the copper deposits.
Phanteks PH-TC14PE comes with two Phanteks PH-F140 premium 140mm fans. They use an Updraft Floating Balance (U.F.B) bearing, nine Maelstrom Vortex Booster (M.V.B) blades, to achieve massive airflow and perfect dynamic balance. To reduce noise level the fans are mounted to the cooler with an acoustic rubber damper and rubber-bar to help eliminate vibration.
The Phanteks PH-TC14PE makes use of a universal mounting kit, Phanteks calls SoliSku. It provides an easy-to-install mounting system for Intel LGA 2011/1155/1156/11366/775 and AMD FM1/AM2/AM2+/AM3 (stock backplate required).
Not only can the Phanteks PH-TC14PE mount to your favorite socket but it comes in four different colors. White, Orange PH-TC14PE_OR, Red PH-TC14PE_RD, and Blue PH-TC14PE_BL. each versions fan blades match the color of the cooler. So getting a version that fits in the color scheme of your build shouldn’t be too hard, well, unless you’re going green.
Features of the Phanteks PH-TC14PE
- Patented P.A.T.S (Physical Antioxidant Thermal Shield) will greatly increase the cooling performance and reliability while deflecting other thermal radiation from other heat sources, such as the GPU, South Bridge, North Bridge, etc. P.A.T.S, ran at a long period, will display significantly better results in an enclosure, closed environment, than a tech station, open environment. In extreme conditions, PATS is able to withstand temperatures of up to 200 degrees Celcius. P.A.T.S is environmental friendly and non-toxic.
- Patented C.P.S.C (Cold Plasma Spraying Coating Technology) is a brand new technologic forming deposit that displaces heat onto corresponding metals at a quicker rate. With this technology, the Phanteks PH-TC14PE enhances thermal conductivity on the soldered surfaces of the heat-pipes through the copper deposits.
- Designed with dual tower radiators; the PH-TC14PE has five 8mm heat-pipes linearly aligned to ensure optimal cooling. This cooler is made to have the least amount of air and thermal resistance.
- Phanteks PH-F140 premium 140mm fans uses Updraft Floating Balance (U.F.B) bearing, nine Maelstrom Vortex Booster (M.V.B) blades, to achieve massive airflow and perfect dynamic balance. to reduce noise level, the fan emits a low dBA with the support of the acoustic rubber damper and rubber-bar to help eliminate vibration.
- The SoliSku universal mounting kit provides an easy-to-install rotational backplate for Intel LGA 2011/1155/1156/11366/775. AMD FM1/AM2/AM2+/AM3 (stock backplate required ).
- The PH-NDC is a superb quality thermal compound for heatsinks. It is made of high-purity nano diamond like particles to improve the thermal conductance between components. The generated heat caused by the CPU will transfer to the heatsink, without reduction in efficiency and resistance.