Intel Bay Trail J2900 Arrives At Newegg with ECS BAT-I Mini-ITX MotherboardSun, May 11, 2014 - 9:56 AM
The first Intel Pentium J2900 ‘Bay Trail’ Quad-Core Processor based platform is now available on Newegg! The first J2900 board to hit Newegg is the ECS BAT-I v1.0. This board uses the Mini-ITX form factor (6.7″ x 6.7″) and is in-stock with a price tag of $119.99 plus $6.98 shipping. We looked around and also found the board available on Amazon for $110.99 shipped, but it is out of stock right now. The Intel Pentium J2900 is a power efficient 10 Watt TDP Bay Trail-D quad-core processor that is built on the 22nm process. The J2900 features a base clock of 2.41GHz and can boost up to 2.66 GHz. The chip also features Intel HD Graphics with 4 EUs (Execution Units) based on the Intel Gen7 architecture, which supports DirectX 11 and is dynamically clocked between 688 – 896 MHz. Intel Quick Sync video is supported, so you basically have Ivy Bridge (e.g. HD Graphics 4000) graphics performance on a platform that costs ~$110. ECS placed that processor on the BAT-I motherboard and added support for a single DDR3L memory module (up to 8GB and 1333MHz), one Mini PCI Express 1 slot for Wi-Fi /Blutooth modules (not included) and one PCI Express x1 Gen 2.0 slot. Audio is handled by the VIA VT1705 6-channel High Definition audio CODEC and a Realtek RTL8111G controller handles the Gigabit LAN. The two internal SATA headers are SATA II 3Gbps rated, so don’t waste money on a high-end SSD if you are looking to build a system using one of these boards down the road. Overall the ECS BAT-I motherboard looks pretty solid and we can’t wait till others come to market!
Here is a gallery of images for the ECS BAT-I Mini-ITX motherboard and the specifications of the board.
ECS BAT-I Mini-ITX Motherboard Specifications
- Mfr Part Number: BAT-I/J2900
- CPU (Included): Intel Bay Trail J2900 Processor
- Chipset: Bay Trail (SoC) Atom
- Memory: 1x DDR3L SODIMM Slot, Max Capacity of 8GB and 1333MHz
- Slots: 1x PCI-Express 2.0 x1 Slot, 1x Mini PCI-Express x1 Slot (for Wi-Fi/ Blutooth modules)
- SATA: 2x SATA2 Ports
- Audio: VIA VT1705 6-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- LAN: Realtek RTL8111G Gigabit Ethernet Controller
- Ports: 1x USB 3.0 Port, 6x USB 2.0 Ports (4 rear, 2 onboard), 1x PS/2 Keyboard Port, 1x PS/2 Mouse Port, 1x VGA Port, 1x HDMI Port, 1x RJ45 LAN Port, Audio I/O Jacks
- Video Outputs: HDMI 1.4a ( resolution up to 1920X1200 ) and D-SUB (VGA)
- Power Connector: 24-pin ATX
- Form Factor: Mini-ITX, 17.0 x 17.0 cm