EA SPORTS NHL 14 Simulation Predicts St. Louis Blues Will Become Stanley Cup Champions in 2014Thu, Sep 26, 2013 - 10:42 AM
EA SPORTS NHL 14 Simulation Predicts St. Louis Blues Will Become Stanley Cup Champions in 2014
REDWOOD CITY, Calif.– A simulation run by EA SPORTS™ NHL® 14 predicts that Alex Pietrangelo will lead the St. Louis Blues to their first ever Stanley Cup® Championship in the team’s 47-year history. The Blues will finish second in the Central Division and third overall in the Western Conference with 99 points. Pietrangelo will be awarded the Conn Smythe Trophy as the Blues upset Sidney Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins to take the series 4-2 in the 2014 Stanley Cup Final.
A full recap of the NHL 14 season simulation can be found on the NHL 14 website.
“The St. Louis Blues are the personification of NHL 14,” Sean Ramjagsingh, NHL 14 Producer. “They’re tough, fast and have one of the deepest lineups in the League, making them a favourite to finish on top this season.”
Other notable team storylines include:
- The Chicago Blackhawks will take home the Presidents’ Trophy with 108 points, only to be ousted by the Blues in the Conference Finals.
- The Edmonton Oilers will finally edge their way into the Stanley Cup Playoffs by taking the fourth seed in the Pacific Division, breaking their seven-year playoff drought, which was the longest active streak in the NHL.
- The final battle for playoff position will be especially heated in the West, with only one point separating fifth place, San Jose Sharks and the eighth place, Edmonton Oilers.
Several individual players also stood out in the NHL 14 simulation:
- Pittsburgh Penguins captain Sidney Crosby will once again lead the League offensively, posting 109 points to take home several pieces of hardware, including his second Hart Memorial Trophy and his second Art Ross Trophy.
- Jonathan Drouin, Tampa Bay Lightning’s top draft pick in 2013, doesn’t disappoint in his first NHL season, and will claim the Calder Memorial Trophy as the League’s top rookie.
- With an impressive 64 goals, Tampa Bay Lightning forward Steven Stamkos, will capture his third Rocket Richard Trophy, becoming only the second player, after Washington Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin, to win the award three times.
The simulation is conducted by artificial intelligence or logic of the videogame that uses real-life data from each player. Results are extrapolated by the videogame when two teams match up based on player ratings, line combinations, and include variances such as injuries and hot streaks to give a realistic outcome of a game or series.
Powered by the best EA SPORTS technology on this generation of consoles, NHL 14 delivers hockey at its finest with big hits, and unbelievable speed and skill. EGM scored NHL 14 a 9.5/10 and labeled it “an all-time great,” while IGN asserted that the game is “the most authentic hockey experience ever.” NHL 14 is now available at retail stores throughout North America and Europe on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system.
NHL 14 was developed at EA Canada in Vancouver and has been rated E10+ by the ESRB and PEGI 12; visit www.esrb.org and www.pegi.infofor more information. Become a fan of EA SPORTS NHL on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, NCAA® Football, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf, SSX™ and EA SPORTS UFC®. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com.
NHL® 14 is an Officially Licensed Product of the NHL and the NHLPA. NHLPA, National Hockey League Players’ Association and the NHLPA logo are trademarks of the NHLPA. © NHLPA.
NHL, the NHL Shield and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. NHL and NHL team marks are the property of the NHL and its teams. © NHL 2013. All Rights Reserved.
About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: EA) is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The Company delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets. EA has more than 300 million registered players and operates in 75 countries.
In fiscal year 2013, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $3.8 billion. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, EA is recognized for a portfolio of critically acclaimed, high-quality blockbuster brands such as The Sims™, Madden NFL, FIFA Soccer, Need for Speed™, Battlefield™ and Mass Effect™. More information about EA is available at www.ea.com/news.
EA SPORTS, SSX, The Sims, Need for Speed, Mass Effect and Battlefield are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. and its subsidiaries. John Madden, NFL, NBA, NCAA, NHL, Tiger Woods, PGA TOUR, UFC and FIFA are the property of their respective owners and used with permission. “PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Xbox and Xbox Live are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and used under license from Microsoft.