BitFenix Survivor Mid Tower PC Case ReviewFri, Dec 10, 2010 - 12:00 AM
BitFenix Survivor MidTower
Even though they are a new company, BitFenix is made up of veterans of both the technology and gaming industries. The goal of BitFenix is to create hardware and peripherals that allow the end user the utmost control and provide strength and performance. Back in September of this year we looked at their first case, a full tower they named Colossus. Today we are looking at the second case offering from them, the Survivor.
The BitFenix Survivor is a midtower that offers similar features as its big brother Colossus but in a smaller, lighter, less “in your face” styling. Internally the survivor has room for up to seven 3.5″ hard drives or nine 2.5″ hard drives and three 5.25″ devices. To keep it all cool the Survivor comes with two 200mm red LED fans. The Survivor can also accommodate CPU coolers up to 174mm tall and video cards up to 293mm long. If you remove part of the modular hard drive cage then the supported card length is 423mm. To help support those big cards BitFenix includes a tie down system that will keep the cards from moving while in transit. Behind the motherboard tray BitFenix designed the Survivor to have 25.5mm of clearance for cable management.
Externally the Survivor has the SofTouch coating on the top, front and bottom panels. In the top of the case is a carry handle that hides away when not in use. The Survivor, like the Colossus, has the ability to turn the lighting effect on and off. Let’s look at the specifications for the Survivor before we start.
Specifications for the BitFenix Survivor Gaming Case
- Materials: SECC, ABS
- Color (Int/Ext): Black/Black
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 230 x 502 x 510 mm (ATX Mid Tower)
- Weight (Kg): 11.10 / 9.40 (Gross / Net)
- Motherboard Sizes: Mini-ITX, mATX, ATX
- 5.25″ Drive Bays: x 3 external, x 1 internal
- 3.5″Drive Bays: x 7
- 2.5″ Drive Bays: x 9
- Cooling Front: 1 x 200mm Red LED Fan (or optional 2 x 120mm)
- Cooling Rear: 1 x 120mm (optional)
- Cooling Side Panel: n/a
- Cooling Top: 1 x 200mm Red LED Fan
- PCI Slots: 7 (tool-free)
- I/O: 2 x USB3.0, 2 x USB2.0, eSATA, Audio
- Power Supply: PS2 ATX (bottom, multi direction)
- Extras: S2, Lockdown, LED on/off control
Let’s move on to the next page where we unbox this case and see what it has to offer!