Antec Sonata Series Solo II Mid Tower Case ReviewTue, Sep 06, 2011 - 12:00 AM
Antec Solo II MidTower
Antec is a company that is known to just about any level of enthusiast. They have been cranking out cases since 1986 for all style tastes. Seems as of late that Antec was focusing on the gamer side of things with the Lanboy Air, Dark Fleet series, and Gamer case lines. Not everyone likes that style of case, preferring a classier look. For those users Antec has the Performance and Sonata series. Today we are looking at the newest addition to the Sonata Series, the Solo II. The Solo II was designed with quiet computing in mind and still allows for high performance components, all while having looks that would make for a nice classy looking home PC or even fit in the corporate world.
The quiet comes from the way the Solo II is constructed. The Solo II is constructed with dual layer top and side panels. The Inner layer is polycarbonate, and the outer layer is 1mm steel construction. The front is made up of a dual layer of aluminum and plastic. Included with the Solo II is a single TrueQuiet 120mm fan with two speed switch for rear exhaust, and there is space for two more front 120mm intake fans.
The performance part comes in with the Solo II having the space to accommodate video cards up to 15″ long. Not too bad for a case that is only 18″ deep. The Solo II also has room for two external 5.25″ devices, three 2.5/3.5″ hard drive bays on rubber isolated trays or two 3.5″ drives using the suspension drive mounts in place of the trays. There is also a dedicated 2.5″ drive mount.
The Solo II can accept full size ATX, mATX, and ITX motherboards. It also has 7 expansion slots, two USB3, two USB2, and Audio ports on the front panel.
Features of the Antec Solo II
- Dual-layer design: durable 1.0 mm SECC / polycarbonate top & side panels deaden noise for the ultimate Quiet Computing™ experience
- Dual-mounting HDD system: eliminate noise using tray mounts with silicone grommets or the suspension mounting system
- Elegant aesthetics: anodized aluminum front bezel, piano black exterior and matte black interior for a sleek look from the inside-out
- High-end I/O: Two front panel USB 3.0 ports with an internal motherboard connector for unparalleled data transmission speeds
- Expandability: support for long graphics cards – up to 15.0” – even in small footprint chassis
Specifications of the Antec Solo II
- Case Type: Mid Tower
- Motherboard: Standard ATX, microATX, Mini-ITX
- Drive Bays
- External: 2 x 5.25”
- 3 x 3.5” / 2.5” using tray mounts OR 2 x 3.5” with suspension mounting system
- 1 x 2.5” (dedicated)
- 1 rear 120 mm TrueQuiet exhaust fan with 2-speed switch (standard)
- 2 front 120 mm intake fans (optional)