AMD today made the software available and you can download the brand new Radeon Software Crimson Edition drivers
AMD promises that these drivers have all the latest optimizations for the holiday game titles and if you are playing game titles like Star Wars Battlefront or Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 you’ll want to be using Crimson drivers! Check out the release notes and AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition video card driver overview video below.
Radeon Software Crimson Edition is AMD’s revolutionary new graphics software that delivers redesigned functionality, supercharged graphics performance, remarkable new features, and innovation that redefines the overall user experience.
Radeon Software Crimson Edition ventures beyond the realm of traditional graphics driver software to deliver extraordinary performance and precise control of graphics, video, displays, and forward-thinking power efficiency from the latest AMD technologies and advances:
- Fast high-speed game loading with Shader Cache.
- Optimized Flip Queue Size provides users with the very latest keyboard and mouse positional information while gaming
- Frame Pacing: smoother gaming enhancements enabled on DirectX 9 games
- Enhanced image quality for 1080p media content scaled to 4K using adaptive directional filtering technology
- Fine-tuned Dynamic Contrast algorithm
- Enhanced Video quality settings for 6th Generation A-Series AMD APUs
- Display Port to HDMI 2.0 dongle support
- Customizable display settings with fine tuning for resolutions, timings, and refresh rates
- AMD FreeSync technology enhancements including AMD CrossFire™ support for DirectX 9 games and low frame rate compensation for smoother gameplay when below the minimum refresh rate
- Incredible power efficiency for select products and applications through power optimizations
- Frame Rate Target Control enhancements including; power saving capability, support for DirectX 9 games and extended range for target control (20 – 200 FPS)
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Features:
Radeon Settings is the new, streamlined user interface, engineered to bring out the best of AMD graphics hardware. User-friendly and feature-rich, Radeon Settings is lightning fast and starts upto 10x times faster than the previous AMD Catalyst Control Center. Radeon Settings provides a brand new game manager, improved AMD Overdrive options per game and new video, display and Eyefinity tabs.
New Install UI:
The driver installer now provides a brand new, streamlined user experience with a reduced number of clicks required, providing better usability and an easy to install user experience.
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson edition is the first publicly available driver that enables all LiquidVR features, which are currently being validated and tested by VR headset manufacturers and ecosystem partners.
A feature that has been extensively used by game console developers is now available to PC Gamers. Asychronous Shaders break complex serial workloads into smaller parallel tasks, thereby allowing idle GPU resources to be used more efficiently and parallel workloads allow taskes to be completed much faster.
The shader cache feature allows complex shaders to be cached, thereby resulting in reduced game load times, lower CPU usage and reduced stuttering and latency during gameplay.
Optimized Flip Queue Size:
The optimized Flip Queue Size provides users with the very latest keyboard and mouse positional information during gameplay to reduce input latency on DirectX 9 , DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 applications. This feature is a driver optimization, therefore it is automatically enabled and requires no user configuration or setup.
Custom Resolution Support:
This feature provides users more control over display capabilities allowing the user to create custom display profiles to attempt to drive their display with chosen resolution, timings, refresh rates and pixel clocks.
Frame Pacing Enhancements:
Frame pacing support is now extended to DirectX 9 titles.
Frame Rate Target Control Enhancements:
FRTC enhancements include: power saving capabilty, support for DirectX® 9 titles and an extended range for target control (30 – 200 FPS).
Updated Video Feature support for ‘Carrizo’ products:
Improved power optimizations for video, gaming and FRTC enabled gaming environments (AMD Radeon™ R7 360, AMD Radeon™ R9 380, AMD Radeon™ R9 390 series and AMD Radeon™ Fury series).
Enhanced image quality for 1080p media content scaled to 4K resolution using adaptive directional filtering technology (AMD Radeon™ Fury products).
Dynamic Contrast Update:
Qualative changes are now content adaptive and provides video enthusiasts with improved video quality and contrast settings (AMD Radeon™ R8 285, AMD Radeon™ R9 380 and AMD Radeon™ Fury products).
DisplayPort to HDMI 2.0 support:
Provides full support for DisplayPort to HDMI 2.0 connections via certified dongles.