AMD Catalyst 13.9 Drivers Now Available – First Logo Certified Driver for Windows 8.1Thu, Sep 19, 2013 - 12:00 AM
AMD today released their Catalyst Software Suite Version 13.9 for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 users. This is AMD’s first logo certified driver for Windows 8.1 and contains numerous updates including WDDM 1.3 support for a variety of AMD Accelerated Processors (“Kabini”, Temash”, Richland”, and “Trinity”). Even though it doesn’t include support for Frame Pacing of the latest AMD CrossFire optimizations, the AMD Catalyst 13.9 update does contain new OpenGL improvements and AMD Enduro technology enhancements. You can download the AMD Catalyst Software Suite 13.9 here!
Feature Highlights of AMD Catalyst 13.9
- AMD’s first logo certified driver for Windows 8.1
- Includes WDDM 1.3 support for:
- AMD Accelerated Processors (“Kabini” & “Temash”) for Desktop, Notebook or Tablet PCs, including: A4-1200, A4-1250, A4-5000, A4-5100, A4-5150, A6-1450, A6-5200, A6-5250, A6-5350, E1-2100, E1-2200. E1-2500, E1-2600, E1-2650, E2-3000, E2-3100
- AMD Accelerated Processors (“Richland”) for Desktop or Notebook PCs, including: A10-5700, A10-5745M, A10-5750M, A10-5757M, A10-5800B, A10-5800K, A8-5500, A8-5500B, A8-5545M, A8-5550M, A8-5557M, A8-5600K, A6-5345M, A6-5350M, A6-5357M, A6-5400B, A6-5400K, A4-5145M, A4-5150, A4-5300, A4-5300B
- AMD Accelerated Processors (“Trinity”) for Desktop or Notebook PCs, including: A10-4600M, A10-4655M, A10-4677M, A10-5700, A10-5800B, A10-5800K, A8-4500M, A8-4555M, A8-4557M, A6-4400M, A6-4455M, A6-5400B, A6-5400K, A4-4300M, A4-4355M, A4-5300, A4-5300B
- AMD Radeon HD 8000 Series
- AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series
- AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series
- AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series
- Support for AMD Features:
- AMD Eyefinity
- AMD Dual Graphics/AMD CrossFire Technology
- AMD Overdrive™
- AMD Catalyst Control Center/Vision Engine Control Center
- Includes WDDM 1.3 support for:
- OpenGL support for User Profiles and Catalyst Application Profiles
- Users can now create, per application, 3D setting profiles for OpenGL applications.
- OpenGL applications are now supported through Catalyst Application Profile updates (for single GPU and AMD CrossFire configurations).
- AMD Enduro™ Technology enhancements:
- The AMD Catalyst Control Center now shows which applications are active on the Performance GPU and the Power saving GPU.
- Severe flicker in Far Cry® 3 game cinematic that may continue into gameplay.
- BSOD crash when enabling CrossFire in the AMD Catalyst Control Center after installing a third AMD Radeon HD7790 graphics card.
- BSOD crash in Windows 8 when display turns off (idle/sleep mode).
- AMD Catalyst Control Center crash after creating an Eyefinity Group.
- Disappearing mouse cursor in Windows 8 after completing the AMD Catalyst Driver installation and rebooting the system.
- Cyberlink PowerDVD stop working with a pop-up error message during playback of a Blu-Ray movie under Power Saving mode.
- When Dual Graphics is disabled within AMD Catalyst Control Center, the secondary display connected may not enable.
- Frame drops experienced during playback of interlaced Blu-Ray content when all visual quality settings are enabled in AMD Catalyst Control Center.
- Significant game performance slowdowns when moving the mouse cursor in World of Warcraft using DirectX 9 rendering mode.
- Anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering settings saved within created AMD Catalyst Control Center application profiles do not apply correctly.
- Windows 8 Metro applications experience very low FPS when Dual Graphics is enabled in the AMD Catalyst Control Center.