Ultra M998 Midsize Black Tower PC Case ReviewTue, Dec 18, 2007 - 12:00 AM
The Ultra m998 Black Midsize Tower
Today we will be looking at the M998 case from Ultra. The case has a few things feature-wise that I have not had in a case for a long time. It is light, due to the all aluminum design, and it has a removable motherboard tray. Before we get in deep into the M998, lets take a quick look at its specifications and features.
- Color: Black
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 18.11″ x 9.45″ x 20.47″
- Drive Bay: 4x 5.25″ Bays, 5x Internal 3.5″ Bays, 2x External 3.5″ Bays
- Material: 1.5mm High Grade Aluminum
- Form Factor: ATX, EATX, Micro ATX
- Expansion Slots: 7 Standard Slots
- Case Fan Mounts: 2x 120mm Fan Mounts
- Case Fans Included: 2x 120mm Fans
- Easy access front panel: 2x USB 2.0, 1x Firewire, 1x Headphone, 1x Microphone, 1x eSATA
- All panels removable for easy, tool-free access
- Stainless steel finished removable Mainboard tray
- Includes Ultra’s Power Bar power distribution system
- Front eSata/Firewire/USB Audio ports
- Interior and Exterior finish
- Replaceable front Firewire/Audio/Microphone/eSata bracket with virtually any PCI slot-type bracket.
When I got the case, the box looked like it had taken a beating during shipping as a couple nice gouges could be seen on the side. I hoped the case wasn’t damaged.
After removing it from the box, I was quite pleased to see that the case had not been harmed. The case was protected top and bottom with styrene and the whole case was wrapped in plastic.