Thermaltake Level 10 GT
Last March Thermaltake, along with BMW DesignworksUSA, released a case that was to be a “Gaming tower showpiece” resulting in the Thermaltake Level 10. Coming in at $700 the Level 10 was, and still is, the single most expensive case we had ever reviewed at LR. The Level 10 was different, that is for sure; it took case styling up a notch, but was limited on space for cooling options. For the most part, people could not get past the cost to even seriously consider the case as an option.
Now, here we are a year later and Thermaltake has released the Level 10 GT, with an MSRP of $279.99; it is the more affordable and hardware friendly Level 10. The Level 10 GT has similar styling to its predecessor, but leans more to traditional case design by not being completely compartmentalized like the Level 10 was.
Having the extra room the Level 10 GT can accommodate larger CPU coolers with 190mm of head room. It even has mounting holes for internally mounting a 240mm radiator for water cooling in the top of the case. The Level 10 GT still has the hot swap drive trays, 5 in all; it also has room for four 5.25” devices. The Level 10 GT also has two USB3.0 ports and one eSATA port on the top panel, along with four USB2.0 ports and HD Audio ports along the front.
The Level 10 GT comes with what Thermaltake is calling QuadFan Ventilation. A system consisting of three 200mm Color Shift fans, side/front intake and top exhaust and a single 140mm rear exhaust fan. The Colorshift fans add a little flare to the case, but the lighting can also be turned off if you want. The fan speed can also be controlled with a fan controller on the top panel.
Features of the Thermaltake Level 10 GT
- Performance cooling made quiet: one top 200mm exhaust fan, one front 200mm intake fan, one side 200mm intake fan and one rear 140mm exhaust fan.
- Hinged side panel to enable easier opening of the side door and access to computer for maintenance or upgrade.
- Dramatically improved cable management. User no longer “hides” the excessive cable on the back, the Level 10 GT features numerous holders designed into the chassis for cable management.
- Five hot-swappable hard drive bays, each with its dedicated backplane to support hot-swap. Hard drive mounting supports both 2.5″ and 3.5″ drives.
- Connectivity array. Four USB 2.0 ports are conveniently located on the front bezel including a pair of audio ports. Two USB 3.0 ports and one eSATA port located on the top.
- Water cooling ready – 120mm or 240mm radiators can be easily attached to the top side of the chassis (top 200m fan needs to be removed)
- Fan speed management control embedded. ColorShift fans can be easily controlled through controls on the top.
- Fully black-powdered interior.
Specifications of the Thermaltake Level 10 GT
- Part Number: VN10001W2N
- Warranty: 3 years
- Case Type: Full Tower
- Material: SECC
- Front Bezel Material: Plastic
- Exterior: BLACK
- Interior: BLACK
- Side Panel: Window
- Motherboard Support: Micro ATX, ATX, Extended ATX
- 5.25″ Drive Bay: 4
- 3.5″ Drive Bay: 1
- 3.5″ Drive Bay: 5
- Expansion Slots: 8
- Front I/O Ports: USB 3.0 x 3, USB 2.0 x 4, eSATA x 1, HD Audio x 1
- Cooling System
- Front (intake): 200 x 200 x 20 mm ColorShift Fan x 1 (600~800RPM, 13~15dBA)
- Rear (exhaust): 140 x 140 x 25 mm Turbo Fan (1000PRM, 16 dBA)
- Top (exhaust): 200 x 200 x 30 mm ColorShift Fan (600~800RPM, 13~15dBA)
- Side (intake): 200 x 200 x 30 ColorShift Fan (600~800RPM), 13~15dBA)
- Bottom (intake): 120 x 120 x 25mm (optional)
- Liquid Cooling Capable: Yes
- Power Supply Supported: Standard PS2
- Dimension (H*W*D): 584 x 282 x 590 mm
- Net Weight: 28.0 lbs
- Security Lock: Front HDD Access, Side Panel, Rear peripherals
- Application: High Performance Gaming